View Full Version : Ignored by Customer Support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atct86
09-30-2003, 12:51 AM
Please help me with what to do next.

Dear Toshiba.

I am very disappointed with a new E740 which I purchased form Circuit City in February. I bought the unit with the highest expectations, being a previous Toshiba PDA customer. Nevertheless, after using the Unit I was very disappointed for many reasons. I bought it primarily for the WiFi, which I used greatly.

At first, I experienced the famous 1% battery glitch, which the patch did not fix. This hampered my ability to use the unit greatly. I also had a problem with the accuracy of the screen when using the pen. I tried many suggestions from customer support, which did not work. The screen also felt connected loosely and poorly maid. Due to this, I arranged for my unit to be repaired from Toshiba. It was "repaired", but none of the problems was permanently fixed.

After a while, I decided to contact customer support to exchange my e740 for a new one. I did this and was happy at first, but the %1 battery problem, which Toshiba seems to be famous for still occurred. It would go away for a while and then return unexpectedly when I needed to use my PDA.

Due to this, I decided to purchase a E310 to back-up my E740. I have had no problems at all with the E310, and I am convinced that my unit and the replacement were defective. I am writing to you to seek reimbursement for my $617 investment. My associates and I have a strong alliance for Toshiba, and if you would like to keep us as customers, please respond to this problem.

Thank-You,

Andrew T. Chudy

I originally went to the Toshiba site and found a form to fill out. I wrote about the problems that I have been having with my e740. I then recieved a response from technical suport saying that i need to call them to resolve the problem. Next i recieved an email from Toshiba:

Mr. Chudy,

We have received your letter regarding your issues with your E740. Please advise a serial number so we may research your case.

Thank you,
CSD PDA Customer Servic

SO i sent them my S/n, and they said they had no record of me registering. WHich i did register, and even recieve the $100 rebate. Then they asked me to fax proof of purchase, which i did. Howvere i replied to the email numerous time, but i have been ignored. I feel very upset and woul like to solve my problems ASAP>

bigkingfun
09-30-2003, 05:13 AM
Have you talked to Circuit City about the problem? I don't have any experience with them and don't know how far they will go to help their customers with these kinds of issues, but they might be able to do something for you.

I work for a retailer in Canada and we have these kinds of situations come up on occasion. When push comes to shove, we can usually (not always however) persuade Toshiba to take care of the problem. If you have any kind of documentation and reference numbers for the service, it would probably help.

cooldw57
10-16-2003, 08:50 PM
YEah, Toshiba has terrific devices, but they have terrible customer support ><