View Full Version : Popularity of Pocket PCs in Movies

Traveller
09-29-2003, 03:25 PM
My 9 year old daughter wanted me to take her to a movie- Freaky Friday (one of those mother/daughter comedies). Guess what type of PDA, the main character (Jamie Lee Curtis) was using? If you guessed an iPaq, you're right.

When you start seeing a product being used in popular culture (ie: movies), you know just how popular it is (or will be).

M@
09-29-2003, 03:55 PM
They're used a lot in high-tech dramas like 24 and spooks too...

Thefo
09-29-2003, 05:52 PM
I saw a Dell Axim in last nights season premiere of Alias ....usually you see Ipaq's on Alias, but this was a first for Dell.

:mrgreen:

JustinGTP
09-29-2003, 06:36 PM
Yes, there have been a lot of other threads with this same topic, and the people on this forum have dug up a lot of movies with pocket pcs.

-Justin.

Badandy
09-30-2003, 01:17 AM
Thefo- A little off topic, but I didnt get the last episode of alias. I had no idea what was going on. COuld you explain it or something, or email me.

If you need my email, respond here, but I just need an explanation about the end of it. :)

Thinkingmandavid
10-01-2003, 04:13 AM
HOwdy, I saw it on Alias as well. I didnt bother to see what model, but I thought it was cool seeing it on there. They seem to be appearing more and more in movies. I like that. With that in mind, it would be good for microsoft to get their butts in gear and do a lot more with the ppc. So when the movies and tv show it off there is a lot to show off!:)

shindullin
10-02-2003, 12:14 AM
I wonder if the companies are paying to have their products placed into the shows and movies. I know that gateway paid to have their products, including a pink laptop that didn't exist, into legally blond 2.