View Full Version : diferences between PPC2003 Professional vrs Premium

hdsalinas
09-29-2003, 06:03 AM
Hi,

I just saw a h1945 here in Honduras! They have it a Sony store (no clies :mrgreen: ) and costs $280! (even less than HP in the U.S. WOW!!!)

I wanted to get a 2215 but I just fell in love with the 1945. After using a 3650 with the jacket this is heaven. I am getting it this week :D

I noticed that this ipaq came with the "Professional version" instead of the Premium. What Applications do i have to instal myself and what features are missing?

thanks... cant wait, cant sleep!!! I feel like a kid !!!!! I am desperate for a new PDA . My old 3650 died like 3 months ago and Ihave been back to a notepad and pen at the office... cant stand it anymore.

only problem...the ipaq here at the store is in spanish :? ... I rather have computer stuff in "ingles".

thanks guys!

hdsalinas
09-29-2003, 06:05 AM
by the way...

Is there any overclocking software out there for the h1940.
What programs are a must for this handheld?

thanks

dunneldeen
09-29-2003, 07:19 AM
From a Brighthand article at http://www.brighthand.com/article/Windows_Mobile_2003_Overview

"Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC is available in two configurations: Professional Edition and Premium Edition. Both editions contain Pocket Word, Pocket Excel, MSN Messenger, Pocket Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player 9 Series for Pocket PC, and Pocket MSN. The Premium Edition also includes Microsoft Reader, Terminal Services Client, and Pictures, a new image viewer and editor. The Premium Edition can typically be found on devices with 32MB or more of read-only memory (ROM), while Professional Edition is often found on devices with only 16MB of ROM."

Although, I have also read that some manufacturers may install some of the optional apps in their rom's as well. I know that the 2215 has the Premium edition. Maybe someone else can confirm what comes on the 1940s.

codesmith
09-29-2003, 05:09 PM
I have used both the 1940 and now the 2215 and can confirm the above statement. 1940 lacked the Pictures app, Terminal Services and Reader. I know at least for reader you can just d/l it and install to RAM.

hdsalinas
09-29-2003, 06:23 PM
To make sure, I checked with the hp site for Central America and the 1945 is listed as windows mobile 2003 premium. It may be because the ipaqs here have a different rom (spanish version).

I will confirm it once I get the ipaq.