View Full Version : No Topic Reply Notifications?

ctmagnus
09-28-2003, 09:27 PM
I recently stopped receiving email notification of topics I have chosen to watch. I'm still set up to receive topic reply notifications as well as email blasts. The latter aren't coming through for me either. Anyone else having this problem, or is my ISPs spam blocker being a little too cautious?

Prevost
09-28-2003, 10:13 PM
I had NEVER received any notifications. I had exchanged emails with Janak to solve it since I am supposedly set up to receive them, and he says everything looks normal. I even removed all my Hotmail filters, but still for no results.

Steven Cedrone
09-28-2003, 10:25 PM
I'll let the team know that you are having problems...

Steve

Janak Parekh
09-28-2003, 10:54 PM
I had NEVER received any notifications. I had exchanged emails with Janak to solve it since I am supposedly set up to receive them, and he says everything looks normal. I even removed all my Hotmail filters, but still for no results.
Yup, unfortunately, the stars are aligned the wrong way for you. :( The server is sending out the emails, and Hotmail's saying "I got them!". Who knows what Hotmail is doing with them... :|

ctmagnus: I still get them, so I know the server code is correct...

--janak

ctmagnus
09-29-2003, 01:04 AM
ctmagnus: I still get them, so I know the server code is correct...

--janak

Thanks for the info. I'll try to contact my ISP tomorrow; I have a feeling their spam blocker is being a little too cautious.

Jason Dunn
09-29-2003, 03:54 PM
I get all of the right notifications, so I know our server is doing what it's supposed to be doing. If your server is doing spam blocking, ask them to add pocketpcthoughts.com to their white list.

Jimmy Dodd
09-30-2003, 02:05 PM
If you are using hotmail, check your Junk mail folder. For some reason Hotmail recently decided anything from Pocket PC Thoughts was spam and started dumping my topic reply notifications there.

The problem can be easily solved by adding Pocket PC Thoughts to your safe list (or whatever Hotmail calls it).

ctmagnus
09-30-2003, 09:07 PM
If you are using hotmail, check your Junk mail folder.

Not using Hotmail. However, "OFF-TOPIC : Get A Degree In Spamming At "Spam University"" managed to trickle through into my inbox today, although that was front-page on Friday.

Prevost
10-01-2003, 03:46 AM
If you are using hotmail, check your Junk mail folder. For some reason Hotmail recently decided anything from Pocket PC Thoughts was spam and started dumping my topic reply notifications there.

The problem can be easily solved by adding Pocket PC Thoughts to your safe list (or whatever Hotmail calls it).
The fact is, in my case, that there are no messages in that folder: never have been since I removed filters.

I would like you let me know the email of PPC in order to add it to my secure list, just in case.

Jimmy Dodd
10-01-2003, 01:40 PM
I would like you let me know the email of PPC in order to add it to my secure list, just in case.

Topic-reply notifications show up in my mailbox as being from [email protected].

piperpilot
10-01-2003, 01:51 PM
I'm having the opposite problem. All of my topic reply notifications make it to my Inbox just fine, but the site update e-mails are getting sent to my Deleted Items file. I checked the Junk E-Mail filters--nothing there--and even put PPCT on my Exception list but the site update notifications are still going directly to Deleted Items. Total Bummer!

ctmagnus
10-01-2003, 03:08 PM
I checked the Junk E-Mail filters--nothing there--and even put PPCT on my Exception list but the site update notifications are still going directly to Deleted Items. Total Bummer!

The site update notifications are actually sent from <[email protected]> rather than <[email protected]>.

piperpilot
10-01-2003, 03:10 PM
I know. That's what I added to my exception list and they're still being sent to the deleted items file. Very frustrating because now I have to check that too. Wouldn't want to miss anything, ya know!

ctmagnus
10-02-2003, 06:36 AM
Four days' worth of Topic Reply Notifications hit my inbox today, including the request to change my email I was supposed to receive yesterday evening. Everythimg appears to be flowing smoothly for me now.

Jimmy Dodd
10-02-2003, 01:23 PM
I checked the Junk E-Mail filters--nothing there--and even put PPCT on my Exception list but the site update notifications are still going directly to Deleted Items. Total Bummer!

The site update notifications are actually sent from <[email protected]> rather than <[email protected]>.

Sorry - I thought the question was about the Topic Reply notifications. :oops: