View Full Version : EUU4 and Stowaway 2

dlangton
09-27-2003, 03:39 PM
I'm an idiot. I installed the EUU4 update referenced here: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=166297

No problems. Just didn't feel like waiting for HP. Then I installed the Stowaway 2 drivers from Think Outside. They work fine, too.

Stephen Beesley
09-29-2003, 09:05 AM
I'm an idiot. I installed the EUU4 update referenced here: http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=166297

No problems. Just didn't feel like waiting for HP. Then I installed the Stowaway 2 drivers from Think Outside. They work fine, too.

So you have not had any ill effects from the EUU4 update? I have been running the think Outside drivers for a couple of weeks and they certainly seem to work fine.

I very much doubt that HP will be releasing a dedicated EUU4 update for the Jornada, so it would be great if this one runs okay on it.

It would be great if you could post your findings here.

dlangton
09-29-2003, 03:28 PM
It would be great if you could post your findings here

No real findings - just no problems after 48 hours. The update makes no obvious changes. All under the hood stuff. I DID have problems after the EUU3 update, and had to do a hard reset. Not so in this case.

Stephen Beesley
09-29-2003, 04:44 PM
It would be great if you could post your findings here

No real findings - just no problems after 48 hours. The update makes no obvious changes. All under the hood stuff. I DID have problems after the EUU3 update, and had to do a hard reset. Not so in this case.

Hmmm ineresting - maybe I will have to follow your lead....

dlangton
09-29-2003, 05:40 PM

Hey, if worse comes to worse, you can always buy a new PDA. 8)

Stephen Beesley
09-30-2003, 09:16 AM

Hey, if worse comes to worse, you can always buy a new PDA. 8)

Well I am actually in the fortunate situation (due to an unfortunate situation - breaking the screen of my first 568) of having the workings of a second Jornada. So if worst comes to worst I would just swap the screens around (again!).

I am trying to hold off buying a new PDA until the next generation of the PPC OS.

Stephen Beesley
10-06-2003, 11:30 AM
Well I took the plunge and installed the Audiovox EUU 4 update on my 568 and....

So far no problems to report. As dlangton reported earlier in this thread, no obvious changes, but then that was expected. Most of the new stuff is under the hood.

srbarts
10-16-2003, 06:45 PM
I've also upgraded to EUU4 with no problems

Bradskey
10-22-2003, 05:07 PM
EUU4 werkt 4 me 2. Yay

Wyzard
10-23-2003, 01:31 AM
Since I own a 575, can anyone give me an educated guess as to whether this update would work with an XScale processor or will that matter. I've tried EUU3 update from the Jornada site and said it couldn't install on my device.
Cheers,
Claude

Bradskey
10-23-2003, 06:11 PM
Since I own a 575, can anyone give me an educated guess as to whether this update would work with an XScale processor or will that matter. I've tried EUU3 update from the Jornada site and said it couldn't install on my device.
Cheers,
Claude

Well take this with a grain of salt, but the EUU3 from HP was (I think) customized for the Jornada 56x, if not in any meaningful sense of content, at least in that it check for a 56x device. The EUU4 update we're using "appears" to be the EUU4 CAB exactly is it was delivered from Microsoft, so I'd say there's a fair chance that it'd work for you. Then again, with such a rare gem as the 575, you might not want to tempt fate unless you think any of the EUU4 updates might specifically help you?

Also, ARM/Xscale probably doesn't matter. WinCE 3.0, PPC 2K2 and the updates are all pretty much ARM-optimized only.

Wyzard
10-24-2003, 01:01 AM
Thank god! I took the plunge, and...
I've successfully installed the EUU4 Update on my Jornada 575!! Everything seems to work fine. This is actually a fairly big upgrade for my Jornada since I haven't installed any other EUU Updates.
Thanks for all the info and input with reguards to this upgrade.
Cheers!!
Claude