View Full Version : X3's Manual

vassil3427
09-27-2003, 04:24 AM
Some have already seen this, but I found this link posted in another Forum...

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/forms/blobs/retrieve.cgi?attachment_id=363213&native_or_pdf=pdf

It's the Axim X3's Manual

David Prahl
09-28-2003, 09:46 PM
"The File is damaged and could not be repaired."

Blast! :evil: I REALLY wanted to see this! If anyone finds it again, please let me know.

The manual would be better than pictures.

PetiteFlower
09-29-2003, 03:21 AM
It works for me.

David Prahl
09-29-2003, 04:51 PM
Just tried again and got the same message.

What version of Adobe Acrobat do you have?

GoldKey
09-29-2003, 06:54 PM
Works fine for me - Acrobat 5.0.5

JustinGTP
09-29-2003, 07:03 PM
It wont show up for me

PetiteFlower
09-29-2003, 07:34 PM
Well only thing I can suggest is make sure you have the latest version of acrobat reader. You can try downloading the file and opening it in Reader directly too, that's worked for me when the plugin wouldn't in the past.

david291
10-01-2003, 04:09 PM
Extended battery only 1800 mAh. Drats! So much for Dell selling over a hundred of these per week for use with our vertical market business application.

Still looking for a low cost Pocket PC with built in wireless and at least a 3000 mAh extended battery. We aren't asking for much, that's it, shouldn't be so hard.

GoldKey
10-01-2003, 06:01 PM
Extended battery only 1800 mAh. Drats! So much for Dell selling over a hundred of these per week for use with our vertical market business application.

Still looking for a low cost Pocket PC with built in wireless and at least a 3000 mAh extended battery. We aren't asking for much, that's it, shouldn't be so hard.

Get an X5 and superglue a wireless card in place. :wink:

david291
10-01-2003, 06:20 PM
Get an X5 and superglue a wireless card in place. :wink:That's what we're doing now (but no superglue required). Was just hoping we were about to get another nice price drop with the X3. There's a price point where the handheld side of our business will explode: Under $300 will do it for a wireless model with 3000 mAh battery. The X3 would have gotten us closer to that mark. The manufacturers just don't get it. They don't seem to be paying attention to the business need for low cost wireless handhelds than can last an entire 8-10 hour shift. Don't need a fast processor or lots of memory or a CF slot -- just wireless and battery life.

PetiteFlower
10-01-2003, 07:13 PM
The X3 is supposed to be the smaller model targeted at people who complained about the "brick-y-ness" of the X5. The X7 will be out soon, that will probably have what you want. Not every model serves every purpose!

david291
10-01-2003, 07:22 PM
I doubt the X7 will be cheaper than the X5.

The problem seems to be that no manufacturer is pairing a high-capacity battery with the low-end model. Dell did good with the X5 and its optional 3400 mAh battery, and we were hopeful they would continue with the X3, but they're taking it all away with the X3/X7 specs, it appears.

I would think that selling hundreds more units per week would be incentive enough to have the option, but apparantly not.

PetiteFlower
10-01-2003, 07:27 PM
1800 mah battery is not too shabby, it's bigger then the battery on the X5 now. And it's twice the size of the regular battery. They were trying to make the device smaller, and that's one of the places they made the cut.

But you want to have your cake and eat it too, you can't have high end specs for low end price! A model that is just like the X5 with the addition of built in wireless is going to cost MORE, not less. Obviously. If you want something cheaper, you're going to be trading off on a couple of features.

david291
10-01-2003, 07:31 PM
1800 mAh won't cut it when 3400 mAh is just barely enough right now with the X5.

And when I say cheaper, I mean it needs to be cheaper than an X5 with wireless card -- comparing apples with apples.

PetiteFlower
10-01-2003, 11:08 PM
You are not going to find ANY device with built in wireless that will be cheaper then the X5. The lower model of the X7 MAY be comparable to the price of the X5 + wireless card. But again, you're asking for more features for less money, that doesn't make any sense! I mean of course it's what everyone wants, that's why I got a Dell in the first place, but it's certainly not a reasonable expectation. You already know that Dell is going to give the best price out there, that's a given. Saying that DELL needs to make things cheaper is just being silly.

maximus
10-02-2003, 02:23 AM
Well, with relations to the discussion about batteries, X7 will be really a great device if .... It can accept my 3400 mAH battery. THAT will be really great.

Integrated wifi, CF, SD are required.

Integrated GPRS module will be a HUGE plus.

JustinGTP
10-02-2003, 03:16 AM
Ahah! Never mind, it now works, although, I don't know why I would need the axim's manual! :?

-Justin.

PetiteFlower
10-02-2003, 04:34 AM
It had the specs and the button diagram. Of course now those are in a front page post, but they weren't when this was first posted :)

david291
10-02-2003, 01:47 PM
You are not going to find ANY device with built in wireless that will be cheaper then the X5. The lower model of the X7 MAY be comparable to the price of the X5 + wireless card. But again, you're asking for more features for less money, that doesn't make any sense!
Actually, I'm asking for fewer features. With built-in wireless, there's no need for the CF slot, so that can go, lowering the total cost below an X5+wireless card. The X3 looked perfect provided it had a 3000+ mAh battery option. The basic X5 with cradle, extended battery, and socket card comes to $393. An X3 with built in wireless and extended battery should be less than that -- if it's not, then Dell's pricing makes no sense.