View Full Version : Be Careful if thinking about buying from PocketSolutions

coppertop
09-26-2003, 08:49 PM
I ordered a flip top for my HP 2215 a month and a half ago from Pocket Solutions. They charged my credit card a month ago and I've yet to recieve the merchandise.

The 1-800 number has been removed from thier website, the telephone number on the fax order form has been disconnected and the number my credit card company was given is a cell phone with the recorded message "this phone is no longer accepting telephone calls at this time".

The more I try to contact this company the more I am believing it is a sham. I've emailed them over half a dozen times with no response.

Be very cautious when ordering from this company

animlmed
09-26-2003, 08:58 PM
Yes, this company is slow. I ordered a lid for my e310 from them and it took a while (month or so) and they charged my credit card right after I ordered the product. So just a warning: this company isn't a leader in customer relations.

Jacob
09-26-2003, 09:42 PM
If all that happened to me and after waiting that long I would seriously consider calling your credit card company and think of cancelling that charge.. if you haven't already.

That is really shabby.

Jerry Raia
09-26-2003, 11:47 PM
When you cancel a charge the merchant is charged a fee too. I think it gets thier attention a lot more than emails do.

Jason Dunn
09-26-2003, 11:49 PM
Strange - I always thought they were legit. I haven't ordered from them personally, but their owner used to email me fairly often. Hrm.

Dave Beauvais
09-27-2003, 12:48 AM
I pre-ordered a Cover-Up for my old e740. It did take quite a while to arrive, but it did show up. This was last year when the company was just getting off the ground. The owner of the company, Mike DiLeo (Dileo?) was really responsive initially, and posted quite often at Brighthand in the Toshiba forums. Everyone was really excited when the Cover-Ups were released. As I recall, Mike and his wife personally processed and packaged orders in their home. There were some pretty serious delays immediately following the launch, and Mr. Dileo personally (and publicly) apologized for the problems.

Maybe they got in over their heads with the new company. It would be a shame if that were the case because they have a pretty unique product!

--Dave

Server
09-27-2003, 10:14 PM
I ordered a flip top for my HP 2215 a month and a half ago from Pocket Solutions. They charged my credit card a month ago and I've yet to recieve the merchandise.

The 1-800 number has been removed from thier website, the telephone number on the fax order form has been disconnected and the number my credit card company was given is a cell phone with the recorded message "this phone is no longer accepting telephone calls at this time".

The more I try to contact this company the more I am believing it is a sham. I've emailed them over half a dozen times with no response.

Be very cautious when ordering from this company

If you look at the URL http://www.thepocketsolution.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PSI-029&Category_Code=SC&Product_Count=8

you can plainly see that they DO NOT yet have the product
in stock, and they clearly state:
"Your Card will be charged to hold your order as we
anticipate limited initial quantities."

I think you may have jumped the gun on this...

davidspalding
09-28-2003, 05:06 AM
call your credit card company, explain the story, include details, and request a charge back. also, depending on your locale, contact your Federal Trade Commission or equivalent.

if this firm is a con artist, protect others by doing the right thing and taking action. complaint e-mails are easily deleted by the wicked. ;)

coppertop
09-28-2003, 09:33 AM
When I placed my original order back in August, the item was listed as "In Stock". The item was not advertised as it is now.

Regardless, why is the company's phone disconnected? Why don't they answer emails?

I don't believe I'm "jumping the gun" on this. I have given PocketSolutions ample time to reply to my inquiries and ample time to deliver the merchandise. They've disconnected their phone, removed information from thier website and what's on the website (as far as contact information) does no good.

famousdavis
09-29-2003, 12:55 AM
coppertop, I agree with you.

Any company that bills your credit card for goods not in shipping is a sign of either a sham company or a company is desparate need of cashflow. Either way, it would be best to run -- not walk -- away from this retailer.