View Full Version : Is Robert Palmer number 3?

JackTheTripper
09-26-2003, 05:07 PM
Rocker Robert Palmer dead (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=795&ncid=762&e=7&u=/eo/20030926/en_music_eo/12576)

Rock singer Robert Palmer, the snappy dresser who fronted a band of sexy drones in the hit video "Addicted to Love," died Friday in Paris of a heart attack, according to his record company, Universal Music. He was 54.

Jason Dunn
09-26-2003, 05:27 PM
Yeah, I heard that this morning. Sad. What do you mean "Is he #3?" Do celebrities die in packs of three or something? 8O

quidproquo
09-26-2003, 05:34 PM
Well.... also famous writer George Plimpton died late Thursday night.
So that makes two....so who is the first one?

JackTheTripper
09-26-2003, 05:43 PM
I was thinking of John Ritter and Johny Cash. All in entertainment.

Jason, never heard that old wives tail? Bad things and deaths happen in 3's. Example, last week a friend slept through his alarm by about an hour, goes out to his car and has a flat then get's into a fender bender on the way home that night. The next day his "bad luck" was gone as he landed a new high profile client.

wardseward
09-26-2003, 05:46 PM
No No No...

The three were Warren Zevon, John Ritter, and Johnny Cash.

Robert Palmer would be part of a whole new set. I have no idea which set, but it's not part of the Ritter and Cash set I tell you.

JackTheTripper
09-26-2003, 05:54 PM
The three were Warren Zevon...

That's right! Sorry, I forgot. :( RIP

Well then, let's take this down a morbidly different path..... Who will the next 2 be?

quidproquo
09-26-2003, 08:30 PM
I suggested that the 2nd one was George Plimpton who died on Thursday night. You may not recognize the name but you would recognize his face.

He is a famous writer and has played in several movies (Goodwill Hunting, Reds, and even an episode of "The Simpsons").

He was a big sports nut, which contrasted greatly with his upper crust, blue blood accent. He even played quarterback for the Detriot Lions for a few downs in the 50's in some publicity stunt. He got creamed and did terribly, but it is something that he is remembered for. He also boxed with Archie Moore and pitched to Willie Mays.

Read an MSNBC article about his death if you want.
http://www.msnbc.com/news/972260.asp?0cv=CB20

I think he was actually #1 and Robert Palmer was #2.....

Janak Parekh
09-26-2003, 08:32 PM
I've got to say, it's much more than 3 this year. :(

--janak