View Full Version : Lil' Sync - affecting my wireless Mouse and Keyboard

boyce
09-26-2003, 01:07 PM
I recently bought the Lil' Sync USB cable from Expansys.com. It works great EXCEPT that I noticed that the range on my wireless mouse and keyboard got so bad that they wouldn't work unless they were virtually beside the receiver.

I thought it was the batteries - I replaced them - still had the same problem. I even thought my GSM expansion pack might be causing the problem - so I moved it further away- still same problem

As a last resort I unplugged the Lil' Sync cable from my iPaq (leaving the USB connection in place) and, guess what, the range was restored.

Obviously the signals given out by the cable while synching was interfering with the signal between the wireless mouse and keyboard.

Anyone else have the same problem? Even better any solution?

groan
09-26-2003, 03:32 PM
longshot here...im no guru...

it sounds like a comm issue between USB ports.
i assume the wireless comm for the mouse and keyboard is plugged into a usb port?

try reinstalling the wireless stuff WITH the lilsync cable plugged in.

i dont know how to check, but if someone can tell you, you could check to see if the usb sync and wirelss are sharing the same comm address.
i dont know...just brainfarting.

Sven Johannsen
09-26-2003, 05:47 PM
Obviously the signals given out by the cable while synching was interfering with the signal between the wireless mouse and keyboard.

That wouldn't have been my first thought. Mine would have been insufficient power capability on the USB port(s). Have you tried the Lil'Sync on a different USB hub. Preferrably a powered one. Do you still have the issue if you have the iPAQ plugged in and charging, and AS turned off (do that from AS on the PPC).

boyce
09-29-2003, 06:40 PM
Thanks guys. I disabled the AS as suggested and it made no difference. As suggested I think it is the power supply from the USB.