View Full Version : C|NET Video Featuring Motorola Smartphone

Jason Dunn
09-25-2003, 09:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://news.com.com/1601-2-5080001.html' target='_blank'>http://news.com.com/1601-2-5080001.html</a><br /><br /></div>"ZDNet's Patrick Houston gets an early look at the newly released Motorola MPx200, the first GSM phone released in the United States that features Windows Mobile Software."<br /><br />This is a good video that focuses more on the Smartphone platform in general than the Motorola phone, but it does show just how tiny the new Moto phone is in comparison to the other Smartphones shown. If you're still unsure of how exactly Smartphones work, watch the video - it's a good introduction to the platform in general.

JonnoB
09-25-2003, 09:10 PM
I think that is the phone I want (at least the form-factor) and used with my Pocket PC, a great combination.

bblock
09-25-2003, 11:24 PM
So...did Jason Gordon (MS) start one sentence without the word "So"? And he barely let the other guy finish asking the question before he began. It seemed a little (lot?) too scripted and marketingese, but the phone itself and the OS is very nice. Just gave me a giggle, and Thought I'd pass it along.

mike6024
09-26-2003, 01:06 AM
"How big is the operating system?"
"Uh... These devices are very powerful..."

Yeah, good job there. :roll:

Paul
09-26-2003, 01:58 AM
haha, I like how he avoided that question. It's ok to say you don't know Jason.

trachy
09-26-2003, 04:32 AM
So, that Gordon fella sure did represent, huh? So, he ought to try his hand in politics, the way he slithered through that interview.

So, why the heck did the guy lead with the "ability to leverage contact data." So, haven't regular phones been able to do this for years? So, big deal. So, I'm more interested in the multimedia and support for 3rd party apps.

So, anyway, at least the phone made an appearance as well. So, I'm impressed by it's size and apparent ease of use. So, also, Gordo made mention of 12K+ applications available for the Windows Mobile platform, which I found interesting. So, even if that's true, aren't these locked down?

Malkovich, Malkovich?

Jason Dunn
09-26-2003, 04:41 AM
Hey now - I happen to know Jason, and he's a nice fellow. Let's not make this a personal issue, ok?

trachy
09-26-2003, 04:43 AM
Hey now - I happen to know Jason, and he's a nice fellow. Let's not make this a personal issue, ok?

Oops. Too late. 8O

I'll sympathize though. I'm sure it's not an easy task being the front man for a big, new campaign like this.