View Full Version : Duplicate programs on my 2215?

starstreak
09-24-2003, 09:16 PM
I noticed that when I was going though my pocketpc with the windows explorer I saw alot of dup files. like calc.exe dupted twice. Is this normal or is this because way back when I had a pocketpc and now it dumped it to this unit?

JonnoB
09-24-2003, 09:21 PM
Have you ever applied a software update? You could have the application in ROM and in memory.

starstreak
09-24-2003, 11:44 PM
you lost me, a software update on this unit? I don't remember doing anything for the calc.exe program. Btw, I cannot delete it either. says app is in use.

JonnoB
09-24-2003, 11:46 PM
you lost me, a software update on this unit?

An OS update. Some updates that replace files in ROM, put the program in storage space and effectively causes that there be two copies present with the volatile memory having precedent over the ROM version.

starstreak
09-24-2003, 11:50 PM
Is there a way to check? I did not do any os update on this 2215. I may have done it to my 4950(I think that was the model number) before I had gotten the Sony NZ90. But I could've sworn that I removed those directories from my computer.

dammitjim
09-26-2003, 02:19 PM
I think the same happened to me when I installed pocketWiNc twice... then I had 2 or 3 icons for the same software. They all opened the application, but I think they were just shortcuts. So, I went into the windows\Start Menu\Programs directory and got rid of the extra shortcuts.
Does anyone know what should be in your StartUp directory?
I have BTTrayCE
fe_wa
poutlook
SanDisk Wi-Fi...
Sandisk Wi-Fi
WIS Bar
Wisbar
I don't know why the last two pieces of software are somewhat repeated but spelled differently :(