View Full Version : Can't install softwares to the assigned folder!?

Wackyman
09-24-2003, 03:55 AM
Hi, I've been having trouble for months installing softwares to folders that i assigned if the softwares were installed previously under a different folder. For example, if I had previously installed the Mazingo main program to my SD card folder, and later had the program uninstalled, when I decided to install the program later on Main Memory, no matter how I told the program specifically that I wanted it to be installed on the Main Memory, it will still end up being installed on the SD card. Yes, I did try removing all the entries about the program in the registry...

Can anyone provide some insight and solutions? thanks.

Willy

JustinGTP
09-24-2003, 05:35 AM
When you install from you pc and it says "Install in Default Location" say no, and then select Main Memory from the drop down box.

:D Hope it is as simple as that!

-Justin.

Wackyman
09-24-2003, 02:21 PM
Hi, Justin,
thanks for replying, however, what you suggested was exactly what I did as I described "no matter how I told the program specifically that I wanted it to be installed on the Main Memory".

THanks.

Willy

Sven Johannsen
09-24-2003, 02:47 PM
I've had that same issue, so I understandf what you are saying. It seems that the initially chosen location is retained on the desktop somewhere. Have you tried getting rid of the program there. You can remove it from the desktop via AS. There is a remove from device and desktop option. Then re-install fromt the install exe.

If that doesn't work try getting rid of the associated folder und MS Active Sync in the programs directory and see if there are some registry entries on the desktop that may be involved.