View Full Version : Video screen saver for Pocket PC

alandashby
09-23-2003, 08:54 PM
I am looking for a program that will run a video as a screen saver on a pocket pc. Microsoft has a power toy that does this for the pc but I need something like it for the pocket pc. I work for a retail store and we are trying to put more focus on the pocket pc, in fact we just moved them to the front center of the store so the first thing you see when you look into the store is the iPAQ’s. Though they are quite boring with nothing moving on the screen I was wondering if anyone has seen something like this or could put something together like this. I would like to see it where if the device is not in use for a few minutes then it would go to a video or a series of videos.

rhmorrison
09-23-2003, 10:49 PM
You might take a look at The Pocket Candy Screen Saver (http://motbe.coolcomputing.net/ce/PocketCandy.php) although I don't think he has a video player yet he does have a slide show screen saver. He includes the SDK for the screen saver so it shouldn't be too much work to create a video player screen saver.

Oeryk
09-23-2003, 11:29 PM
I read about the Pocket Candy software. It says that anyexecutable screensaver module (a standalone ss that ends in .exe) should work fine as long as you change the extension from .exe to .scr

Hope this helps! :D