View Full Version : Gun control and Pocket PC control

gorkon280
09-22-2003, 06:20 PM
because it didn’t meet 'industry-wide criteria for proper orders.'

That just sounds weird. I hate when companies try to hide law behind language like that or try to pass off a company policy like it's law. It really could be either of these. It may have to do with encryption, but it could also have to do with processing power. New PPC's are very capable of the calculations necessary to guide, say, a missile. It's very possible that this could be a DHS thing but how are we to know? Have you tried finding these locally in Kenya? How about Isreal? You may be able to get around this by ordering from HP's subsidiary that supports Kenya. Also, and this goes for a majority of the DHS laws/rules....what makes you think a Terrorist is going to use legal channels such as HPShopping.com to buy things that may be used against us. This is just like the fallacy of gun control. If you take away the guns from the law abiding citizens, then only criminals will have them. How about cracking down on the illegal gun trade and leaving card carrying NRA members alone? Same goes with PocketPC's.....if a terrorist wants to use one to guide a missile, it ain't gunna be bought on HPShopping.com! ;)

moaske
09-22-2003, 08:32 PM
This is just like the fallacy of gun control. If you take away the guns from the law abiding citizens, then only criminals will have them.
8O THIS is just SO american... sigh...
NOBODY, and i stress NOBODY, on the face of this earth should own a weapon of whatever kind. Aspecialy fire-arms...
Go play your own judge, like all of you like to do so bad and see what your country is coming to :cry:

To get back on topic: boy, am i glad that i don't live in 'big-brother-country' (aka US of A). I'm absolutely convinced that wacko bush knows when you go take a leak ;) 'National security' and that of sort of blah-blah has gotten totally out of of control over there, on your side of the Pacific.
And as for why such an order is denied; suspicion of credit-card fraud seems the most logical option to me. But if that ain't the reason, i think all americans should be very afraid about how far uncle sam will go in 'protecting' their citizens.

My 2 cents ;)

pgray007
09-22-2003, 08:41 PM
THIS is just SO american... sigh...
NOBODY, and i stress NOBODY, on the face of this earth should...

Sigh... This is so ignorant that you should think your opinion is so important that you:

1) Lump together an entire country's citizens into a singleminded mass and
2) Dismiss an entire class of people because you don't agree with them.

This is certainly not the place to argue a politics and you are more than welcome to have an opinion, but your display of ignorance certainly doesn't demonstrate your proported superority to the "americans" you thoughtlessly disdain.

moaske
09-22-2003, 08:44 PM
Anybody else wanna flame me ? ;)

I'll stand by my opinion, whatever you think about it ! But hey, discussing it is a start to a better world... unless you wanna crack my skull now ;)

DerekTheGeek
09-22-2003, 09:02 PM
NOBODY, and i stress NOBODY, on the face of this earth should own a weapon of whatever kind. Aspecialy fire-arms...
Go play your own judge, like all of you like to do so bad and see what your country is coming to

And everybody should live an hormony and no one should hurt anyone else, and I live in a dream world..la.la.la

You are a serious fruitcake. How many times do we Americans have to bail you "flower children" in Europe out of your own mess before you get it. See WW1 and WWII.

Jacob
09-22-2003, 09:05 PM
Go play your own judge, like all of you like to do so bad and see what your country is coming to

And everybody should live an hormony and no one should hurt anyone else, and I live in a dream world..la.la.la

You are a serious fruitcake. How many times do we Americans have to bail you "flower children" in Europe out of your own mess before you get it. See WW1 and WWII.

It's always good to respond to ignorance with ignorance :roll:

:nonono: