View Full Version : Cannot Connect Dialog on Upgraded 5455

Chris Spera
09-22-2003, 03:50 PM
I have a 5455 that I upgraded to WM2003. Since the upgrade, I have noticed that I continually get a Cannot Connect notification bubble from the OS. This only happens AFTER I configure a wireless network connection. If I don't configure a connection, I never see this dialog

The Wi-Fi adapter is turned off. BlueTooth is turned off. However, every 10 monutes or so, I get a notification bubble that contains the following information:

Cannot Connect
Cannot connect with current connection settings. To change your connection settings, tap Settings.

The bubble has a Dismiss button and a Settings hot link. Dismiss will kill the bubble; but it comes back 10 minutes later. Settings brings up the Connection Settings help page where you can tweak network settings.

The problem I have is that this dialog pops up every 10 minutes or so when the unit is on, whether Wi-Fi is turned on or not.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I don't think that the dialog should be popping up if the adapter is purposly turned off...

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

PR.
09-22-2003, 04:43 PM
I have this same problem and asked the same question earlier :)

PR.
09-29-2003, 02:00 PM
Ok, I think I might of solved this problem...

If you have an email account set up in Inbox go in to the settings and switch off "Connect and check for new mail" its in the options section of the account properties.

This will hopefully stop it from popping up!