View Full Version : Battery Pack Suggestion

Pocket PC Dubai
09-22-2003, 10:09 AM
Battery pack is an excellent application, it would be great if it can control the power supplied to the device from two separate batteries. I am using iPAQ 5450 with my expansion pack plus. I would like to have the battery in my sleeve to power both the pack and iPAQ and when it is fully drained, then the main battery should start to work. I think this is possible since that the power management in iPAQ is software controlled. What do you think?

Pocket PC Dubai
09-27-2003, 08:33 AM
I posted the same question in Battery Pack Forum (http://www.wormholecreations.com.au/megabbs/thread-view.asp?threadid=881&posts=3) and I got this reply:

Everything about the iPAQ is software-controlled. The $64 question is whether the programming interface exposes controls of these functions to third-party developers. If so, your suggested function is technically possible. If not, it isn't.

Also, I know that Omega One welcomes suggestions for new product features, but please bear in mind that even if an enhancement is technically possible, they may not be able to build the business case to invest the development resources necessary to add the enhancement to the software, based on the percentage of users who would benefit from it (in this case, the percentage of users who have an expansion sleeve with an external battery).

FYI, based on my experience the capacities of the external and internal batteries tend to be consumed concurrently.

It really makes sense, however my iPAQ is not consistent, my PC card expansion pack plus battery is 90% whereas my main battery is 50% :?