View Full Version : Ipaq 2210/5 File Store... how much room exactly?

pocketpcfox
09-21-2003, 11:17 PM
Hi,
Curious problem: I can't seem to find a definite answer for how much room is in the Ipaq File Store for the 2210. The manual certainly doesn't say, and file properties is a bust.

Some net chatter says 8 megs, others 3 megs.

Can we have a final answer?

Thanks... :?:

SHoTTa35
09-21-2003, 11:47 PM
3MB.. about 3.2MB to be exact

JustinGTP
09-22-2003, 02:45 AM
Hit

Start > Settings > System > Memory > Storage Card

and it shows the exact Ipaq file store on a 2215 or 2210 being 3.84 MB

-Justin.

pocketpcfox
09-22-2003, 02:56 AM
I guess the consensus is around 3.8 megs.

Thanks for the input, and for the record I did try the memory->storage card route, but only my CF card appeared in that menu.

Thanks, though.

Fishie
09-22-2003, 03:19 AM
Yah 3.84 and Nevo is runing away with some.

Sven Johannsen
09-22-2003, 03:49 AM
Thanks for the input, and for the record I did try the memory->storage card route, but only my CF card appeared in that menu.

Then something is wrong. You should have IPAQ File Store available in the dropdown whether you have a CF, SD or neither in there as well. Try a soft reset. (3.84M BTW)

pocketpcfox
09-22-2003, 04:19 AM
Thanks for the help ... though now I'm fretting over why my File Store doesn't appear. Hmmm. I tried the soft reset, but no luck. I should say I'm running a Korean version of the OS, but that shouldn't impair the flash ROM.

So... should I start another topic to inquire if others are not seeing their File Store appear where it should? :?:

JustinGTP
09-22-2003, 04:52 AM
Yes, you should start a new topic to get the attention of some of the big wigs who know alot. :D

-Justin.

Janak Parekh
09-22-2003, 04:58 AM
Uh-oh. Did you completely fill up your File Store? There was a known issue with previous devices (e.g., 3870, 3970) that doing so caused a problem that required either a special software to rebuild the File Store, or a warranty repair by HP. It's possible that this limitation still exists. :( If so, you'll have to contact HP to help you get your File Store back...

--janak

p.s. Since the question you have is very closely related, I suggest just keeping it in this thread.

pocketpcfox
09-22-2003, 06:09 AM
Thanks for the heads-up. I had not heard about that issue with previous Ipaqs.

Curiously, I purchased my 2210 not long ago and hadn't put anything into File Store. I was about to put a backup PIM file there, and thought I should double check the max size; thus the previous question in this thread.

Unless others have a good grasp on this problem, I guess I'm going to have to do without a reliable file store, which is a waste of 3.8 megs. I wonder if we'll hear from others who overcame the issue with previous Ipaq models?

Thanks again Janak.

Janak Parekh
09-22-2003, 08:04 PM
Well, I had a 3870, and my File Store was perfectly reliable, but I never put much into it (just some ebooks and other small files), so I was never in danger of filling it up.

If you want, do a search here or on BH for "file store" and go back about 6 months, and you'll find relevant links.

--janak

luiskim
09-22-2003, 08:26 PM
Have you try hard resetting??? no one posted that yet... and i know that it is not gonna affect the file store.. but who knows... it might change something....