View Full Version : Any fixes for these 5555 Quirks?

prototype
09-19-2003, 04:45 PM
I have had a 5555 for a few months now and I am really discouraged by the following quirks:

Reminders do NOT go off on time. If I don't use the PDA for a few hours and turn it on ... all the reminders that SHOULD have gone off, go off in a big clump. Pretty useless if they don't go off when they are supposed to. :evil:

The other thing is the password option. I currently have it set for PIN or Fingerprint, and say ... 12hrs. If the device is off for more than 5 min it will require a password ... even though it is set to 12 hrs. :cry:

Have there been any fixes for these issues?

dave3
09-19-2003, 08:26 PM
Reminders,
does the same to me don't know of a fix,
Password,
never heard of this problem perhaps a soft reset will fix?

ale_ers
09-24-2003, 02:56 AM
I have the same problems w/ passwords. Soft resets don't work. Has anyone found an fix for this...
The only program I have that might conflict is journal bar.

prototype
09-24-2003, 04:21 AM
I actually did a hard reset and didn't install any apps. And there are NO issues. I had a feeling it had to to with Journal or Battery Bar from Omega.

ale_ers
09-24-2003, 02:12 PM
So you are still having the same problem? Has anyone else encountered this...or better yet found a fix.

SteveP
09-25-2003, 06:47 PM
Hi Guys...

I've had a 5550 for around two months now. For the first couple of weeks the alarms were behaving very strangly indeed. machine turned off..machined turned on and then all the alrms going off together :twisted:

I'd pretty much given up on sorting it out, but a system crash requiring a hard reset seem to sort it out (drastic measures huh?) :)

I think the moral of the tale is that it's probably something to do with some existing program you have running although I have heard that 'alarms not going off when they're supposed to' is a known problem.

All I know is that since the hard reset, it's hardly been a problem

Hope these ramblings help

Steve