View Full Version : External Foldable Keyboard....

M@
09-18-2003, 08:19 PM
I am looking to buy a External Foldable Keyboard but I have one tiny little question...

As usually with my questions I am going to introduce why I need this question answered...

When I'm away, I use my pocket pc to leech off of the internet from the laptops and computers of friends and family: Ie. If they are on the internet using their laptop, I will connect to their computer using a USB wire and steal their internet. Simple. Problem is I wish to be able to type! And anybody who has used virtual keyboard for more than 10 minutes knows it is a loosing battle...

Dell boasts a power inlet on their "External Foldable Keyboard" however I have not, as yet, found anything to say that you can plug the dell into a computer via USB.

So my question is:

Is there a socket for a USB connection on the External Foldable Keyboard for Dell Axim X5 Handheld?

Thankyou.

dartman
09-18-2003, 08:36 PM
Dell boasts a power inlet on their "External Foldable Keyboard" however I have not, as yet, found anything to say that you can plug the dell into a computer via USB.

So my question is:

Is there a socket for a USB connection on the External Foldable Keyboard for Dell Axim X5 Handheld?

Thankyou.

Unless there is another Dell foldable keyboard there is no USB or power connection.

The only connection is the one on the bottom that would normally plug into a cradle or sync cable. That's where the keyboard hooks up.

dart

M@
09-18-2003, 08:59 PM
Damnation. Oh well.

shadowac90
09-19-2003, 01:21 AM
another idea would be to use a wireless peer-to-peer group or use their IR port and sync that way.

doogald
09-19-2003, 02:57 AM
You could also buy a third party infrared keyboard instead.