View Full Version : Network card in Ipaq issues

bakecm
09-18-2003, 06:03 PM
I can't get my Ipaq 3950 to access my wireless router. When I use my wireless card, it recognizes the card in my Ipaq, and the card recognizes the router but I can't get an ip address. I am using a linksys wireless router with DHCP but can't see the Ipaq. I am using a laptop with a wireless card and it works perfectly with the router.

I was able to use the network cards before but my Ipaq crashed and now I can't use them. What do I need to change on my Ipaq?

Thanks

Sooner Al
09-18-2003, 09:22 PM
Text deleted

bakecm
09-18-2003, 09:27 PM
Yes, my SSID are all correct. I even used a card connected to a ethernet cable and still can't see my Pocket PC in the DHCP table.

JoshFink
10-05-2003, 06:07 PM
I'm having the same problems. I can see the SSID of the router and I have my other IPAQ (a 5450) connect fine.

Funny thing was that I had the same problem with the 5450 until I did a firmware update and then it worked.

They're bothing running PocketPC 2003 as well..

Thanks

Josh

PEGS
10-10-2003, 04:44 PM
I recently purchased an Ipaq 2215 and a Linksys CF card (WCF12). I have not installed the card as of yet.

However, I was informed by the technical department at CompUSA that there are presently problems with the connectivity abilities of this combination, and when either Linksys or HP realize this problem exists there will be a fix.

Has anyone had any problems with this combination, and if so what was the workaround?

Thank You,

Paul

Mark_Venture
10-11-2003, 02:39 AM
I recently purchased an Ipaq 2215 and a Linksys CF card (WCF12). I have not installed the card as of yet.

However, I was informed by the technical department at CompUSA that there are presently problems with the connectivity abilities of this combination, and when either Linksys or HP realize this problem exists there will be a fix.

I don't have that card, but I thought I read it was that No WM2003 drivers existed yet? But now BETA drivers are available, plus the Senoa drivers are rumored to work...

Has anyone had any problems with this combination, and if so what was the workaround?

see what Glen8 posted in... http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17236&highlight= about the 8th post down.. It might help you...

adriaticnyc
10-11-2003, 05:43 PM
8O

I saw your posting and remembered my frustrations in getting my 3850 iPaq to properly get the Linksys Compact Flash WiFi 802.11B card to activate.

At home I run a small network using a Linksys WRTAG Wireless Router and have 2 notebooks running "G" Speed with a DLINK AG650 Tri mode Mbps, a hardwired link to my Toshiba Pentium 4 notebook, a hardwired link to my Pentium 4 desktop running Red Hat Linux Version 9 and then occasionaly I take out the pocket pc and set the SSID to my home 802.11B value. And I go into the Router management area by invoking 192.168.1.1 signing on as ADMIN and checking to see if an IP address has been assigned to the Pocket Pc automaticaly using DHCP.

Do you have the ability to check for session activity from your Router Network Management area? Invoking 192.168.1.1 ?

Some of the iPaq Pocket PCs were affected by an error message saying please enter details for Compact Flash card, device not recognize, driver not found. Once this "fix" from the HP/Compaq internet site was applied, my iPaq started behaving like a normal network connection.

Good Luck!!!
:wink: