View Full Version : Bluetooth Keyboards/Mice from Apple, Microsoft and Logitech

clinte
09-17-2003, 01:36 PM
Logitech® Cordless Desktop® MX™ for Bluetooth
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=products/details&CRID=486&CONTENTID=7153&countryid=19&languageid=1

Apple: The end of the tether
The Apple Wireless Keyboard and Apple Wireless Mouse let you take advantage of the Bluetooth adapter built into your PowerBook, installed in your iMac or Power Mac, or added to your eMac and iBook. The benefit? A degree of freedom from physical restraint that you can’t even imagine until you try it. These new Bluetooth-based peripherals use adaptive frequency hopping to give you reliable wireless performance from a range of up to 30 feet, and offer secure 128-bit, over-the-air encryption — keeping sensitive information safe while you’re typing it.
http://www.apple.com/keyboard/

Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop for Bluetooth.
Get your hands on the ultimate desktop—the most advanced cable-replacement technology available meets sleek style and ergonomic design. Experience programmable Hot Keys, one-touch multimedia keys, and the power of optical technology. The included Microsoft Wireless Transceiver for Bluetooth™ works with your keyboard and mouse, providing a wireless range of up to 30 feet. Bluetooth continues to set the bar for the emerging wireless world, so you can easily add other compatible Bluetooth devices.

Features:
Scroll Wheel, Forward and Back Internet Buttons, Ergonomic Design, Customizable Buttons, Detachable Palm Rest, Enhanced F Key Functionality, Multimedia Center, Sleep and Log Off Hot Keys, Includes Wireless Optical Mouse and Keyboard
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=013

"Microsoft Hardware has a proven track record of bringing useful product advancements to market, from optical technology to Bluetooth®," Barlow said. "This new product lineup -- our most innovative ever -- continues this history of delivering unparalleled new capabilities that address customer needs."
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030903/sfw021_1.html

:wink:

seidler
09-17-2003, 02:01 PM
:multi: Yeah! *drool* I wanna have the Apple one. Anybody knows if it would work with a Windows PC? I mean the WIDCOMM 1.4.1 supports the keyboard profile :roll:

I just don't wanna have again another mouse I won't use (happy enough with my TrackMan FX) and I don't want another Bluetooth adapter! I hope someone at Logitech hears me :puppydogeyes:

Stefan

Oeryk
09-17-2003, 06:44 PM
Yet another stupid question from Oeryk the Viking... :oops:

What would it take to make these keyboards work with a BT enabled PPC? Someone to code the drivers? Would it even be possible?

seidler
09-18-2003, 09:10 AM
It would for sure be possible. Let's not talk about the effort though. Unless WIDCOMM makes the effort to implement this in the next version, I don't think we'll see these keyboard used on PPCs :|

Stefan

acronym
09-18-2003, 07:08 PM
I ordered both the bluetooth keyboard and mouse from apple when I ordered their just revamped 15" g4 powerbook. The powerbook will be here in 3-5 days, the keyboard/mouse said 3-4 weeks.
other vendors also show them not in stock.

JustinGTP
09-18-2003, 11:56 PM
WOW!! I love the MX 900 mouse from Logitech, I have the MX 700, exactly the same as the 900 but without the bluetooth rechargeable "hub" or bluetooth wireless. Mine only have the recharge base and wireless RF.

Man, I could use that BLUETOOTH recharge/hub. I dont want to but another mouse, since mine cost the SAME as that when I bought my mouse :cry:

Justin!

Hugh Nano
02-17-2006, 12:17 AM
Has anyone got any Bluetooth keyboards other than the Stowaway and "Freedom" keyboards to work with a Pocket PC. I really miss my old really full-size Stowaway keyboard that I had with my old iPAQ 3650, but, of course, it won't connect to my new Axim x50v. :(

I wish Stowaway would go back to its original keyboard design... For all its flaws, at least it had a number row and full-size keyspacing (not just full-size keys)!

Short of that, I wouldn't mind being able to hook up the new full-sized Apple Bluetooth keyboard to my x50v! :D

Patrick Y.
02-17-2006, 06:10 AM
Has anyone got any Bluetooth keyboards other than the Stowaway and "Freedom" keyboards to work with a Pocket PC. I really miss my old really full-size Stowaway keyboard that I had with my old iPAQ 3650, but, of course, it won't connect to my new Axim x50v. :(

I wish Stowaway would go back to its original keyboard design... For all its flaws, at least it had a number row and full-size keyspacing (not just full-size keys)!

Short of that, I wouldn't mind being able to hook up the new full-sized Apple Bluetooth keyboard to my x50v! :D

There are plenty of bluetooth keyboards besides the stowaway one. I personally have Dopod's bluetooth keyboard, high quality and only $30 :wink: . Just do a search on google. The most disappointing thing, however, is that the keyboard won't work my WM5 x50v anymore. My guess is that the horrible MS bluetooth stack screw it up.