View Full Version : Pocket pc TEchs 64 or 128MB Ram Upgrade

urologyhealth
09-17-2003, 01:23 AM
Has anyone done this? Are you happy with results?

Jason Dunn
09-17-2003, 01:24 AM
I've had the 128 MB upgrade done to my 2215 and to my XDA, and both are awesome - reccomened highly. Be aware though that you'll take a slight battery hit because more RAM = more power consumption. I haven't done any testing though to figure out how much of a hit...

urologyhealth
09-17-2003, 02:19 AM
Thanks--Someone on the ATT wireless forum stated that they were in Beta TEsting of Windows Mobile 2003 for Siemens SX56. To be ready next month. I could upgrade Ram and get Mobile and not have to buy newest phone.

It could be great solution.

urologyhealth
09-19-2003, 07:36 PM
Siemens had an update several months ago--I can't find the link to it.

If I've done the 128MB UPGRADE by PPCTechs and therefore a hard reset does that affect the previous update?

Thanks

reydiodj
09-29-2003, 06:06 PM
...If I've done the 128MB UPGRADE by PPCTechs and therefore a hard reset does that affect the previous update?

I've asked PPCTechs about it too as I'm planning to have the 128MB upgrade done to my T-Mo device...a hard reset would wipe out the driver for the T2T disk which would have been installed in RAM, the driver will need to be re-installed (which they would have sent you) everytime the ROM is flashed - BTW, the driver is hard coded to match the serial number of your device. Since they are now able to perform the upgrade on the 2200 series of iPAQs, it is appearant that the driver is compatible for both 2k2 and 2k3 (which is cool because I'm currently running a 2k3 beta).

Now if you are talking about how a hard reset affects a previous ROM update, then know that the ROM remains but all the data and apps installed would be wiped out

cshields1
10-16-2003, 03:11 AM
I had the 128M upgrade done 3/5/03 this year. Have not had a problem since and the extra memory is sure worth it.
I recently dropped my PDA phone, now have a bad LCD display. T-Mobile will send a replacement unit for $70. Send both units to PocketPCTechs. They'll take the 128M upgrade out of your damagaed phone, put it in the replacement phone, put the replacement's 32M in the damaged phone, return both to you and you return the damaged unit, now with 32M in it, to T-Mobile so you can keep your memory upgrade in the event of damage. Of course there's a labor fee to perform this swap but you keep your upgrade thru-out replacements.