View Full Version : 5450 Upgraded WM2003: how to change WLAN PROFILE?

lanwarrior
09-17-2003, 12:14 AM
Hi all,

In PPC2K2, there is a WLAN "applet" program that allows me to setup WLAN PROFILES for different Wireless Network. That means I can easily change the profile for:

1. WLAN SSID
2. Whether to use DHCP or Static IP
3. Whether to use WEP or NOT

I set up lots of profile in my 5450 when running PPC2K2, such as HOME, OFFICE, CLIENTS, T-MOBILE, etc.

But the WM2003 does NOT have this capability (i think). In the connection Wizard, I can only see AVAILABLE network, but not profile. Furthermore, I can only change the IP Settings (DHCP or Static) through the "Network Card" settings, which applies to ANY WLAN that WM2003 found. I can no longer change this for a specific WLAN Network.

Is there any way I can create WLAN profiles in WM2003? Thanks!

lanwarrior
09-17-2003, 08:28 AM
Anyone?

Or is it just me who uses WLAN not only at home? :mrgreen:

Dave Beauvais
09-17-2003, 09:14 AM
There is, to my knowledge, no easy way of defining profiles in WM2003. :( This is really too bad, as that was a great feature of the HP software under PPC2002. If you need a static IP, you'll have to manually define it when needed in the network adapter settings. I think Microsoft placed way too much reliance on their "Zero Configuration Wireless" feature and didn't pay enough attention to the ways we actually use our Pocket PCs. Not everyone uses dynamic IPs and leaves SSID broadcasting enabled on their WLANs, Microsoft... :roll:

--Dave