View Full Version : 5455 Screen turning pink in bottom left hand corner

eustts
09-16-2003, 09:20 PM
I just noticed today that my screen is turning pink on the bottom left hand corner. Its almost a solid band at the bottom. The pink colour is there even when the unit is powered off.

Has anyone seen this? I do feel that the screen if failing.

I have a two year TAP at CompUSA, soo......2215,5555, or another 5455?

:mrgreen:

Jereboam
09-16-2003, 10:39 PM
My 5450 seems to be yellowing slightly from the bottom up. It may be attributed to me G2 screen protector, which is quite thick and may have a slight optical effect from a certain angle.

But is hardly noticeable. I don't think it's screen failure.

J'bm

eustts
09-16-2003, 10:50 PM
I have removed my writeshield thinking that it was getting old, but that was not the problem.

The pink blotch is there with the power off.

Myrddin
09-17-2003, 02:06 AM
This may sound odd but....

I had a similar thing happen to me (the bottom of the screen starting turning several strange shades of various colours). On a whim I turned it upside and left it for a couple of days... with the battery out :|

It fixed it for the most part. :)

Dave Beauvais
09-17-2003, 02:41 AM
Was your iPAQ subjected to any extreme temperatures recently? Unusually hot or cold temperatures can result in (usually) temporary LCD discoloration or even damage. (Don't freeze an LCD...) If you'd said the discoloration was only while the unit was on, I'd have suggested the problem was backlight-related.

--Dave

eustts
09-17-2003, 03:07 AM
The pink blotch is there with the power on and the power off.

I will take the battery out and leave it upside down.

I will check it in the morning, if it doesn't clear up I will trade it in for a 5555.

UPDATE: Screen did not clear up, now a proud owner of a 5555.