View Full Version : z2 PocketLAN for Pocket PC 2002/2003 3.1

Andy Sjostrom
09-16-2003, 03:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=2825' target='_blank'>http://www.pocketgear.com/software_...ail.asp?id=2825</a><br /><br /></div>z2 PocketLAN version 3.1 was just released. z2 PocketLAN is a network utility with which you can browse networks, map multiple network share folders, manage printers, open mp3/movie on network with WiFi 802.11b, manage IP configuration etc.<br /><br />New features in version 3.1:<br />• Support Both Pocket PC 2002 and Pocket PC 2003 devices<br />• One executable file for both Pocket PC 2002 and Pocket PC 2003 devices<br />• Easy Wake on LAN: Wake up your stand by computer through LAN or Internet. Yes, it is easy, with Auto Scan, you don't even need to type in MAC address<br />• Bug fix and UI Improvement<br /><br />Main features includes:<br />• Enable "NETWORK" folder in Pocket File Explorer <br />• Auto scan remote computer names and browse, open remote computer files in Pocket File Explorer, play MP3, movie on local network in Windows Media Player <br />• Easy to add, remove and change multiple maps of network resource. <br />• Auto detect network connection, reconnect the network resource when it is available. <br />• File Explorer plugin let you browse the network computer without any typing. <br />• Print plain text on network printer. <br />• Check your network card IP and MAC address, release and renew IP Address with IP Config. <br />• Enhanced Ping can resolve the local network computer name plus MAC address. <br />• IP Scan, let you find the IP, MAC and NIC vendors of computers, WiFi access point and routers on the network subnet. <br />• Easy Wake on LAN (WOL), wake up remote computer in local subnet or through Internet. <br />• No "Server" software need to install and keep running on your desktop computer

ryanmjones
09-18-2003, 09:04 PM
Somehow, after I installed a trial of pocketlan, I can no longer turn on my wireless LAN onmy iPAQ 5450. I tried uninstalling the software, but that didn't help either. Does pocketlan change some secret settings or something? Any suggestions?