View Full Version : Complicated Windows Mobile 2003 Connection Manager scenario - help needed

Bandito
09-16-2003, 03:06 AM
Alright fellow Pocket PC'ers... I have a thinker of a question for you and I'm hoping that there's a solution out there somewhere. Ok, here goes...

I have an iPaq 5455 with Windows Mobile 2003. I use both Bluetooth and WiFi. On the Bluetooth side of things I use GPRS with a T68i and Network Access with multiple PCs. With WiFi I connect to multiple access points, and use it for surfing and/or ActiveSync. I also use Agenda Fusion, and would like to use it's Speaker Dialing functionality.

Is there a way to configure all of this to work seamlessly? I find that if I've configured my network card in CM (Connection Manager) as connecting to "The Internet", I am unable to use ActiveSync. If I have it set to "Work", I am unable to use PIE, though NetFront still works OK, and I can use ActiveSync. With GPRS, I had to create a GPRS location profile so that it didn't try to dial the area code as well. However, I live in a location that uses 10-digit dialing, so with Agenda Fusion using my dialing rules, it only dials 7 digits. Finally, I'd like to assign some sort of order-of-preference to connections. In other words, if I have Bluetooth and WiFi on, it should try using WiFi first, fall back on Bluetooth Network access, and if that is unavailable then use GPRS. I realize that the Bluetooth Network access bit might be stretching it as Connection Manager doesn't have any control over establishing a Bluetooth Network connection, but it would be nice to have it use GPRS if WiFi fails.

If this is simply impossible with Connection Manager natively, can anyone recommend a third-party app that would make all this possible?

So come on! Who's smart enough to figure this one out? :wink:

peterg
09-17-2003, 07:15 PM
For God's sakes people help this man out, because it would really help me out too!