View Full Version : anyone heard anything new from sena on 2215 case release date??

DualShock
09-15-2003, 09:01 PM
their site says the target ship date is sept. 17, so i'm hoping that they actually start shipping on that date. i haven't received any e-mails or anything confirming the actual ship date... has anyone else heard anything?

papac
09-22-2003, 02:46 AM
At first look, I didn't see any other recent posts on this topic, so here is a reply...

I received an email from Sena on the 15th stating that their shipping date was going to be 3 days late. Then, on the 19th, I received an email shipping confirmation from usps.

Going out of town on thursday, so am hoping to receive mine before then...but that may be too fast for our usps :wink:

papac

Sven Johannsen
09-22-2003, 04:01 AM
If you got the same e-mail as I, it says at the USPS tracking site The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on September 18, 2003 to expect your package for mailing.
That says to me that it is still in the hands of the shipper, though a tracking number has been assigned.

Sven Johannsen
09-24-2003, 01:01 AM
It was in the mailbox today. Very nice case. I think I am going to like it. Yes, it does indeed allow you to stick it in the cradle with the case on :D. The pocket under the flap seems to be made of my Symbol WiFi card. I don't think you could put an SD card or two in the slots AND the Wifi, but either/or seems very doable.

If you are prone to dropping or being rough with your PPC, I don't think this is going to be super bump protection, but it covers the screen and buttons quite well and adds no more bulk than the stock case. Actually less I think.

All the things you want to get to are accessible. The Sena logo embossed on the front is fairly unobtrusive, and it smells good.

DualShock
09-24-2003, 03:56 PM
cool, i got the same e-mail, said scheduled ship date was 9/19. I also got the same USPS confirmation message when I looked up my tracking number. Maybe I'll be getting it today. :D

midili
09-25-2003, 02:42 AM
I just got mine today. I ordered two: black/red with clip and black without clip.

These cases are first rate, even the packaging is top notch with a nice box and the case in a cloth pouch.

Huy
09-25-2003, 03:35 AM
Ordered mine last Thursday evening at a pre-order sale prize of $31.95 for the ultra-clip case....got a shipping confirmation email on Friday....and looking at it right now (Wednesday). Here is my 2 cents on what I have bought....lets me just remind you that I have been looking at cases for my H2210 for quite awhile now and read up on all of those so-called upper end cases (haa...hahaha)...I even initally bought a HP belt clip case very similar to those from Caseonline.com and ended up returning it the next day.

It was very well packaged. Inside the Priority Mail box from USPS is another red "SENA" box and inside that is a mid-size tan cotton draw-string bag containing the leather case. I was a little nervous taking the case out of the bag because for the past week the color "blue" was in the back of my mind...you see originally I had ordered the "blue & black" color scheme but the blue looks very close to being a baby blue on the SENA website...I didn't wanted the red & black and I definitely didn't want all black because I don't think it will do the design on this case any justice so I had to take a gamble and go with the blue & black.

:multi: OH BOY I COULDN'T BE MORE HAPPIER!! :lol:

COLOR :: The "blue" is dark blue...very nice with the black.

STITCHES :: No double stitches..no dangling threads..very well done.

CUT :: All lines and holes were cut at precise angles from the speak hole
in the back to the screen display in the front ...the bottons....the
sink port...blah...blah...very nice.

FITTING :: Unlike OJ and that black leather glove ...this baby is a
PERFECT fit ...did I saw perfect...yes I did!! We do not want it
loose enough to slid in and out initally do we...cause leather will
stretch with time.

CLOSING :: Magnetic closure system works like white on rice

ULTRA-CLIP :: Very secure ...I don't think a thief can take my H2210
without dragging me along with it from the waist....hahahaa

STORAGE :: Of course you know that it has two slots for your Secure
Digital card and a slot for you credit card ....it also has on more
universal slot...and here is the best feature I think ...because I can
slip my Socket WIFI card in there SECURELY...Yes you have heard
moi right!! Event with my Socket I can close the cover THIN &
FLAT .....YES!!!!!!!

There you have it. You have a choice....you can go with this case or you can pay twice as for the other so-called high end case and become a yuppy....hahhahaaa.

BarryB
09-25-2003, 03:42 AM
I'm not familiar with these cases. What is the address of the web site? Sena.com sends me to a technology company selling servers (in case anyone is interested ) :)

Huy
09-25-2003, 03:45 AM
Don't worry I do not get any money for this.

http://senacases.com/hp2215/

jnajera
09-25-2003, 04:31 AM
Great case ,I love it as well! Gotta be the best case out. Love syncing with the case on!!

BarryB
09-25-2003, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the link and review, Huy.

Yessss...the case looks very nice. I see what you meant about the blue looking kind of baby-bluish. I'm glad to hear that it's a dark blue. I may go with that one myself.

You say your Socket wifi card fits into the pocket. Is it the CF wifi card or the SDIO wifi card? I've got the CF and would love to be able to store it in the case.

Huy
09-25-2003, 02:11 PM
BarryB,

Yes you have heard me right....my Socket Compactflash WIFI card (or a CompactFlash card itself) fits into the universal slot from the cover of the case securely without any extra lumps.

One thing I would also like to add. With the ultra-clip...when you put the H2210 with the case on lying on a desk...it sits at an excellent angle which helps you to seem the screen display without having to lean over . :way to go:

DualShock
09-25-2003, 07:25 PM
Yes you have heard me right....my Socket Compactflash WIFI card (or a CompactFlash card itself) fits into the universal slot from the cover of the case securely without any extra lumps.

Just got my case today. :D I tried to stick in my Symbol CF card (same card as the Socket one), and indeed it fits perfectly in the case. My concern, though, is that the fat part of the card comes *really close* to the screen. It seems that if some pressure is placed on the screen side of the case, the CF card might get pushed into the screen and crack it. Anyone else notice this?

DimensionZero
09-26-2003, 12:50 AM
What does the black case look like? Does it have that design on the cover of it still?

Sven Johannsen
09-26-2003, 02:47 AM
The black does not have the 'V' stiching like the two tone cases. it is a smooth front except for the embossed SENA, which I mentioned was very unobtrusive. My symbol WiFi (CF) does come close to the screen but it does not seem to touch it. Certainly pushing on the case would make it do so, but I think you would have to apply significant pressure to hurt the screen.

Huy
09-26-2003, 04:20 AM
I have to agree with Sven ...

There has to be a significant pressure on the cover for the Compactflash item to crack the screen...also keep in mind the the screen itself is kinda flexible and on top of that the surface of the Compactflash item is spread out so any pressure on the cover should spread out as well.

As for me just to add extra support for the cover (not like you really need it) as precaution, I stick my subway pass in the credit card slot just to make the leather cover more rigid and indirectly use the surrounding edge of the screen as the support as well.

The only thing which worries me more then the CompactFlash cracking the screen is the universal slot might get stretched as I take the CompactFlash item in and out of the slot over time which could prevent it from holding the item securely. I guess when the time come I will figure something out :beer:

rpommier
09-26-2003, 05:47 PM
could one of you guys post a picture of how you have the WiFi card inserted into the Sena case? I'm looking and see no way to get it in there and still be able close the case. Are you talking of putting it where the mirror is supposed to go?

zul277
09-27-2003, 11:31 AM
:multi: OH BOY I COULDN'T BE MORE HAPPIER!! :lol:

COLOR :: The "blue" is dark blue...very nice with the black.

STORAGE :: Of course you know that it has two slots for your Secure
Digital card and a slot for you credit card ....it also has on more
universal slot...and here is the best feature I think ...because I can
slip my Socket WIFI card in there SECURELY...Yes you have heard
moi right!! Event with my Socket I can close the cover THIN &
FLAT .....YES!!!!!!!

Good to know that it's actually dark blue.

It just sounds unbelievable that u could fit in a CF wifi card. Is it possible to get some pics of that.. does it get really bulky tho?? Hopefully not as big as the 5xxx

stevenmh
09-28-2003, 01:22 AM
Got my case yesterday. Very nice! I slide my Linksys wi-fi card down through the "hole" where the mirror would show. Some people slide it up into the pocket underneath where the mirror would sit. I find that using the mirror pocket is much easier and quicker, plus I'm not stretching out the pocket with the fat part of the wi-fi card. Also, if you get too much of a bulge in the universal pocket you can't use the SD card pockets. With only the thin part of the wi-fi card in the mirror pocket, you can still slide SD cards into their pockets.

http://www.hovis.cc/IMG_2132.JPG

rpommier
09-28-2003, 04:08 AM
Now I see... I believe my Netgear card is just to fat on top to fit into it... Excellent case none the less. Also how's the stitching on the back of yours? Mine is stitched outward in the back, looks like it has 2 fins or something... Defect?

Steven Cedrone
09-28-2003, 04:14 AM
I don't have this case, but I have one that is similar...

I know it wouldn't look as great, but I kinda' wish the pockets for extra cards were on the outside of the case. I am really paranoid about a card (my wireless networker) damaging my screen (if pressure is applied)...

Steve

stevenmh
09-28-2003, 04:25 AM
Now I see... I believe my Netgear card is just to fat on top to fit into it... Excellent case none the less. Also how's the stitching on the back of yours? Mine is stitched outward in the back, looks like it has 2 fins or something... Defect?

The wings on the back are on everybody's. Apparently it's intentional, but I don't know why they chose to do it that way. Some guy at the Brighthand forums actually pulled the stitching out on the wings, tucked one flap under the other, and secured with some type of epoxy. 8O I think I'll wait and see how long his epoxy holds before I go doing that to mine. I have to admit, though, it did look better.

jimH
09-28-2003, 06:38 PM
I performed the surgery on my case. It is relatively simple to do. It reguires some patience and a sharp knife like an exacto knife. I used super glue to join the seams. So far, all is well. It definitely looks better. But, most importantly, it feels better. It is more like the feel of a naked 2215.

jimH

rpommier
09-28-2003, 09:16 PM
I wonder what was the point of the 'Louvers'? I can see no reason as to why they were stitched on the outside as opposed to the inside. Strange...

christheswiss
09-30-2003, 12:39 PM
I too have a Sena case, all black for the IPAQ 1940. It is only available in black if ordered with the clip. The magnetic closure works great and it almost does not add anything to the existing form factor.
Overall, I am very happy and it is a great value. :mrgreen: