View Full Version : Myrddin's eBook Review

Myrddin
09-14-2003, 10:46 AM
Angels & Demons by Dan Brown (Get it here! (http://www.palmdigitalmedia.com/book.cgi/0743412397))
This book is a thriller by Dan Brown. It's been a fantastic read. I read it in about 8 hours non-stop .... at work (:mrgreen:). A scientist (whom is also a priest) is murdered and stamped with a symbol of the ancient sect "illuminati". A Harvard professor of symbology is called in to have a look at the symbol. He gets caught up in intrigue and murderous plots in Rome. The books deals alot with the Pope and the Vatican. Without giving too much away, I can say that: the pope dies, whilst the cardinals are in the process of electing a new pope, 4 of the top cardinals (the ones with the most chance of becoming the new pope) are kidnapped. Then murders start happening.

The book is chilling and gripping from beginning to end. I give it 9 out of 10.

Also note, a friend of mine who is a devout Catholic read this book and found it quite disturbing. So, a little warning - it contains some (highly - at some points) disturbing content. It doesn't treat Catholiscism .. very... well.. at some points. Never-the-less, I enjoyed it and took it for what it was - a good (fictional) thriller.

--

I'll review a whole lot of other PalmDigitalMedia Books (no association with the company, it's the format I prefer though) in the future. If anypne is interested in more!

Jereboam
09-14-2003, 12:38 PM
The Da Vinci Code by the same author is also excellent, and even less easy on the Catholic conscience.

J

dh
09-14-2003, 11:23 PM
Thanks for the review. It reminded me that I want to read some of Dan Brown's books. I'm pleased to see that Fictionwise has some of his works.

I'll buy the MS Reader version so I can convert it to a DRM free file.