View Full Version : Palm reader Help! It keeps forgetting code

surur
09-14-2003, 10:05 AM
Can anyone help. I have just upgraded to the new palm reader, (version 3) which is very nice, but it keeps forgetting my credit card number, and I have to enter it each time after closing it.

I have now managed to memorise all the digits of my CC number (something I never planned to do :( )

My books are on a SD card.

Anyone else have this problem, and any advice to resolve it? I am currently thinking of downgrading to the older version. I have already tried to un-install and re-install it, and tried to delete all the bookmark files. I would also pay for the Pro version if it resolved this problem.

Thx

Surur

Myrddin
09-14-2003, 10:37 AM
I had the same problem with the free reader. I gave up trying to correct and just paid for the Pro one. It's really good and it did indeed make the problem go away. 0X

KH
09-14-2003, 05:47 PM
I encountered this problem occasionally after I purchased my IPAQ 2215. I believe there was a problem with PPC 2003 and SD card support, and I believe it has since been fixed. I know it went away when I upgraded to the lastest verion of Pro (and it was there prior to 2.3.1).

surur
09-14-2003, 08:22 PM
I'm seeing a pattern here. You dont think this behaviour is by design, do you. I guess I'm over to buy the pro version then :)

Surur

KH
09-14-2003, 09:30 PM
They have a pretty good track record of fixing bugs in both bases, I just can't speak from recent experience about the free version.

PetiteFlower
09-14-2003, 09:33 PM
I had the same problem when trying to open books from my SD card; when I copied it into main memory the problem went away.

surur
09-14-2003, 10:35 PM
I'm disappointed to report that $14.99 down the line my problem is unresolved. :cry:

Petitflower, did you place all your books in main memory (that would be a further 6MB lost :( ) or only the book you are reading?

Anyways, I guess I will be needing the special support contact form (at least I'm now a paid customer :roll: )

Surur

Janak Parekh
09-14-2003, 11:05 PM
How often does this happen, may I ask? Is it possible you were upgrading from a previous version? I've had to enter my credit card about once per new book, but that's it. I use the free version and store my ebooks on an SD card.

--janak

PetiteFlower
09-15-2003, 12:40 AM
Just the book I'm reading. I only just started reading ebooks so I just have one!

Mona13
09-15-2003, 02:08 AM
I love the Palm Reader Pro. Well worth the $. I usually read in the black background w/white writing.

I keep 10 or so books on my 512 SD card & the book I'm currently reading on SD & my iPAQ.

I have noticed towards the end of the book in the 12 or 14 font the pages turn slow... deleting the 3 files & re-copying the book corrects the issue. I don't have to re-enter my card #.

The issue is only in really large files on my 5455.

surur
09-15-2003, 08:05 AM
How often does this happen, may I ask? Is it possible you were upgrading from a previous version? I've had to enter my credit card about once per new book, but that's it. I use the free version and store my ebooks on an SD card.

--janak

It only started after I upgraded to the new version recently released (which I why I was thinking of downgrading) I like the white on black text too much though :(

It happens evertime after I exit the whole program and start it up again. As I mentioned earlier, I have entered my CC number so much now, I now know all 16 digits!

I have most books on SD, but even the one in main memory has the same problem :cry:

Surur

Peter Fry
09-15-2003, 02:39 PM
Very odd. I'll look into this as soon as I can. We want people to upgrade, but only because they want to support us. :^) We're not trying to force anyone into it.

Unfortunately, I'm on technical support duty this week again. :^(

BTW, the free version allows you to change your colors back to white background and black text.

surur
09-15-2003, 05:39 PM
Thx for looking into it. I have posted a request for support on your web page. Thx for any help.

Surur

PetiteFlower
09-15-2003, 07:13 PM
The new version I just downloaded last night(free) has themes on it too, kind of surprised me to open up a book and see a pink textured background :) I had to redownload since I restored a backup file last night which apparantly wasn't 100% complete or recent.....and I had to reinstall a lot of stuff. Stupid Activesync.