View Full Version : using money small business on a PPC

mmcxiiad
09-14-2003, 04:02 AM
i have recently made the switch back to a PPC from a treo and wanted to have the information from my MS Money 2004 Small Business on it. I run a small business and having access to both my personal and Business finaces is helpful.

As many of you can imagine, i ran into the known problem with money not handeling the recieved invoices correctly (for those of you who aren't aware of theproblem - money syncs all you transactions but the money recieved from invoices). Needless to say when i first synced my HP 2215 with money i almost freaked out. then i started searching message boards and google groups for a solution. Not finding one, i started to think that there had to be a way to overcome this problem.

After a little while of pondering the situation, this is what i came up with, i created a new checking account for my business in money. this is not a real account at a bank. i named it holding. now when invoices are paid, they get paid to the holding account and then directly paid into my real business checking account. the holding account should always have a zero balance.

After setting this all up, i synced with my iPaq and everything worked out perfectly. i hope this helps someone else, feel free to post a reply, PM or IM me if you have any questions.

Eric