View Full Version : Displaying Tasks in Calendar?

coredump
09-14-2003, 02:42 AM
Hi all. I recently purchased a iPaq h2215 in order to replace my Visor Edge. My Visor Edge's Calendar+ had an option that displayed Tasks on corresponding dates. I can't seem to find anything of this sort on Pocket PC. Does anyone know of any third party utility or anything that can do this? Thanks. I just need something simple, such as displaying the tasks on the due date and a check off box.

Tomsc03
09-14-2003, 03:12 AM
Check out Pocket Informant http://www.pocketinformant.com/

coredump
09-14-2003, 04:14 AM
Thanks! Are there any other options? Not saying Pocket Informant sucks or anything, just want to explore all options.

spursdude
09-14-2003, 07:16 AM
The other main "rival" of Pocket Informant is AgendaFusion (http://www.agendafusion.com), although I don't know if it has the specific feature you're looking for.

coredump
09-14-2003, 07:26 AM
I tried the Informant and it didn't have the particular feature I was looking for. This feature is part of Datebk (Palm). "Or missed a task because your tasks were not integrated with your calendar?" Thanks anyways. I will try Fusion.

griph
09-21-2003, 01:12 AM
I tried the Informant and it didn't have the particular feature I was looking for. This feature is part of Datebk (Palm). "Or missed a task because your tasks were not integrated with your calendar?" Thanks anyways. I will try Fusion.

??? Dont think you tried hard enough - I admit PI has a lot of bells and whistles - but Tasks can be seen in all Calendar Views - I've just tried it! Create a Task. When in any Calendar view - on the bottom toolbar in PI tap on the Small Calendar Icon, Tap on Tasks and select Agenda View, Day View, Week View, Month View to tick them. The tasks will then appear in each view on the selected Day or until marked complete. In Month View for instance, the number of tasks on a particular day is shown by a small number in the top right of each day box. If you tap on that day, the summary box below will then show the task details. In all other Calendar Views the Tasks are shown in the default view location set within the Options settings for Tasks.

coredump
09-22-2003, 07:52 AM
!!!

Cool! Thanks! Yeah, I didn't look hard enough. I went through the main options window and gave up after 10 minutes. Thanks! This looks geeat. Just curious, are there any "incompatiblity" problems with PI and Outlook/Sync?

griph
09-22-2003, 02:21 PM
!!!

Cool! Thanks! Yeah, I didn't look hard enough. I went through the main options window and gave up after 10 minutes. Thanks! This looks geeat. Just curious, are there any "incompatiblity" problems with PI and Outlook/Sync?

Not sure what you mean - but I dont have any problems within the level at which I use PI and Outlook.

CTSLICK
09-22-2003, 02:48 PM
Just curious, are there any "incompatiblity" problems with PI and Outlook/Sync?

No known issues. The sync problems I have had all turned out to be directly related to ActiveSync and or Outlook on my desktop.

vv
09-28-2003, 08:58 PM
hi,

is there a "find" function as that in the palm?

thx.

spursdude
09-28-2003, 09:09 PM
hi,

is there a "find" function as that in the palm?

thx.
Well you could tap Start, then hit Find on the pop-down menu. (or maybe it's Search... I forget)