View Full Version : Folder copying in a mess

terrypin
09-11-2003, 07:51 PM
In the course of trying to fix a problem with '1 file not synchronized', I copied Mobile Device\My Documents on my PC to a newly named folder, deleted the original, and started to successively copy each file and subfolder back again. But when I came to copy My Documents\Nevo back, I got an error message:

"You have attempted to place a folder within a folder within \My Documents on your device. Only one level of folders are allowed in the \My Documents folder." etc.

But how can that be the case? The sub-folder were already there, so obviously they *must* be allowed! The subfolders in question are

Nevo\Controls
Nevo\Devices
Nevo\Extensions
Nevo\Favorites

Why this illogical error mesage and how can I proceed please?

Newcomer to PPC, using iPAQ 2210 (PPC 2003).

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

terrypin
09-11-2003, 07:59 PM
I can add that this also happens with one other folder My Documents\Web IS. In botf cases, before the error message I reported arises, I get an earlier message, saying the folder already exists - when it patently doesn't!

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

terrypin
09-11-2003, 08:28 PM
I fixed the \WebIS folder by reinstalling Poclet informant. But that still leaves Nevo. That seemed to come 'built-in', so how on earth do I reinstate the files in My Documents\Nevo\etc please?

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Steven Cedrone
09-11-2003, 08:31 PM
It may be that you will wind up doing a hard reset (if you can't restore Nevo)...

Steve

peppzilla
09-11-2003, 08:41 PM
There are ways to add more sub-folders. I don't think ActiveSync will allow you to. Just use the file explorer on the PPC. You can add folders wherever you want. You will just have to create all of the sub-folders and then copy their contents individually.

terrypin
09-12-2003, 04:08 PM
Thanks both. I discovered later that those Nevo sub-folders were empty anyway. Have yet to test Nevo to see if it still works OK, but am optimistic. To be honest, despite some enthusiastic effort spent setting it up on day 1, I don't see myself actually using it in preference to my couch-side TV remote...

BTW, FWIW, in case anyone else ends up googling here for help, I also found copies of my 'syncable files' deeply buried here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Terry Pinnell\Application Data\Microsoft\ActiveSync\Profiles\Pocket_PC\Synchronized Files Backup

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK