View Full Version : GPS Data

jsstevo
09-11-2003, 01:31 PM
I've got a H2210 and Socket Bluetooth GPS.

The problem I have is that the software that come with it saves journey info not in a recognised format for importing into MapPoint, Etc.

Does anyone know of a program i can put on the Ipaq to save this info in understandable formats?

Cheers

townsendtribe
09-12-2003, 05:20 PM
You may want to take a look at what they have to offer on http://www.gpspassion.com. There are tons of articles and information about just about anything you would want to do with a GPS and your iPAQ.

Good luck.

Sven Johannsen
09-14-2003, 12:20 AM
The bad news is that I don't think you are going to find a relatively universal solution. Most mapping solutions that even have a PPC and Desktop component use a proprietary system of exchanging what info they exchange. A PPC program that saves data, route, waypoint, etc, in a format that Mappoint understands, I don't think exists.

PocketNav as I understand does allow desktop to PPC transfers, within their own programs. The new Delorme Street Atlas Handheld is compatible with their desktop applications as well.

jsstevo
09-14-2003, 12:17 PM
I'm not totally after another bit of PPC software, just a conversion would do. Any ideas?

Still not having much luck to be truthful. I've been searching but still not found anything.

I now understand that (5241.8772 N 120.5954 W) is the lat/long bit but MapPoint will only import this in WGS84 standard (?) which is 52.697265 -1.342208. There must be some simple calculation. I've also linked the Socket device to the PC and the direct data stream coming from it, is the same as the file i posted.

Cheers