View Full Version : Question about Pocket PCs and Configuring IPs

theyallfalll
09-10-2003, 10:50 PM
I was wonder can you access the HyperTerminal and input dos commands on the pocket pcs. Also is there a program similar to Configurator 4.0 that’s made for pocket pcs. I am doing research for my brother. He has a small telecom business and currently uses laptops with windows 2000 installed, but was wondering if he can use like an IPAQ to configure IP's.

Any help would be great thanks.

thegreatmiah
09-10-2003, 11:49 PM
Yep I do it all the time. I also program phone systems.

Sven Johannsen
09-11-2003, 03:22 AM
Yep I do it all the time. I also program phone systems.

But do you enjoy it? I've done it myself and it seems fairly cumbersome due to the small screen and somewhat limited input cpability. The later can be helped with a keyboard.

Fot this sort of task I much prefer my handheld, with the wider screen and integral keyboard, even if it is a monochrom CE2.11 device.

thegreatmiah
09-11-2003, 03:37 AM
Ninety percent of the programming I do enjoy it, but those are the little changes I do all the time. If I'm programming a system from scratch or putting in a network that requires anything more than a few IP changes, then no. For that ninety percent though I don't have to lug a laptop, or wait 5 minutes for it to boot. I'm usually done programming before another tech even gets the laptop out of the bag and plugged in. So depending on what you're doing........