View Full Version : Leather case for iPAQ 5555 & PC Expansion Pack Plus ?

AL904a
09-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Does anybody know of a leather case with a belt clip that my iPAQ 5555 in its PC Card Expansion Pack Plus will fit into?

I bought a case that turned out to be too small for this combination. It was designed for the PC Card Expansion Pack, but not the plus version.

AL904a
09-10-2003, 10:01 PM
After, a frustrating search for a leather case that would hold my iPAQ 5555 in its PC Card Expansion Pack Plus, I gave up. I couldn't even find a place to custom order one. There are a lot of leather cases for the 5555 and the PC Card Expansion pack, but they are too small for the "Plus" pack.

I ended up with a Case Logic, Expandium Series, ES3, Photo Bag. It has a loop to hitch on a belt as well as a detachable shoulder/neck strap (that I won't use.)

The case is made of a synthetic material (expandium) that offers some protection to what is inside. It also has a separate pocket that is large enough to hold my Sprint PCS CF2031 card in its PCMIA expansion card. I can also fit my Hakuba Media Card Case (that holds eight SD cards,) in that pocket with the CF2031. Sizewise, it as close to a custom fit as you can get!

I bought it at the local CompUSA, today, and paid a whopping $9.95 for the case.

The material seems very strong, and (in spite of its price,) is very well made.

JustinGTP
09-11-2003, 02:35 AM
So does it fit your expansion?

It would be great that you found something suitable to your needs!

-Justin.

AL904a
09-11-2003, 01:54 PM
So does it fit your expansion?

It would be great that you found something suitable to your needs!

-Justin.

Yes, my 5555 in its expansion pack fits perfectly in the pouch.

Thanks!

stevew
09-12-2003, 07:08 PM
Does anybody know of a leather case with a belt clip that my iPAQ 5555 in its PC Card Expansion Pack Plus will fit into?

I bought a case that turned out to be too small for this combination. It was designed for the PC Card Expansion Pack, but not the plus version.

Have you tried here? I use their holster case for my HP5555 with just CF Expansion. But I see they have a dual slot expansion sleeve that may be large enough for your CF Plus. They are excellent quality cases.
http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/HPcompaq-list.htm

AL904a
09-13-2003, 11:58 AM
Have you tried here? I use their holster case for my HP5555 with just CF Expansion. But I see they have a dual slot expansion sleeve that may be large enough for your CF Plus. They are excellent quality cases.
http://www.tuff-as-nuts.com/HPcompaq-list.htm

That looks like it might work.