View Full Version : Compatibility of Toshiba Bluetooth Card with iPAQs or Windows Mobile 2003

gridlemc
09-09-2003, 01:56 PM
Has anyone tried (successfully) the Toshiba Bluetooth SD Card (SD-BT00U) with a Windows Mobile 2003 Pocket PC, specifically an iPAQ 1935?

Do the Socket BT SD drivers work, or are there Toshiba drivers that work?

I'm debating between getting a 1935 and a 1940/45. I'll probably go with the 1935 if I can get the Bluetooth SD card to work with it. I use the BT infrequently, so integrated BT is not necessarily a requirement for me. The 1935 certainly has an attractive price!

I still would like to be able to link whatever I get with my Sony Ericsson T610 (hooray for T-mobile and unlimited GPRS!) Now all I need is that Bluetooth car unveiled a couple days ago... 8)

Thanks in advance for any info anyone has!

Skip Gridley
[email protected]

Vincent M Ferrari
09-09-2003, 02:08 PM
I'm 99% sure that the Toshiba card will only work in Toshiba handhelds. While the E-330/5 is SDIO capable, they use Toshiba's own version of SDIO.

Some standard, right? :evil:

Chris Spera
09-09-2003, 03:46 PM
I'm 99% sure that the Toshiba card will only work in Toshiba handhelds. While the E-330/5 is SDIO capable, they use Toshiba's own version of SDIO.

Some standard, right? :evil:

This is correct. Most SDIO slots are SDIO Now Compatible (if I remember right). The Toshiba's aren't. They use a proprietary system, which is so not cool...

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera