View Full Version : Newbie Question about Reminders

mochegod
09-09-2003, 06:48 AM
Greetings from a brand new HP2215 owner. Just discovered this site yesterday, and have enjoyed the wealth of info available here. I could use the forums help on a small issue. It seems that the reminders I set in the my Outlook calander automatically power up the PPC unti the reminder is dismissed. As I am not always in earshot of the unit, I have several times realized this after the unit has been on for several hours, and I am concerned about inadvertantly draining the battery.

Perhaps there is a way to prevent this that is not readily apparent. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Dave Ornowski

JonnoB
09-09-2003, 07:42 AM
Your device should go back into standby after a period of inactive use... that is the default configuraiton. You can change those by going into the power control panel applet and from there, other links to other power-sensitive settings.

townsendtribe
09-10-2003, 12:02 AM
Just to clearify, in the Power settings, under advanced, make sure that the box for "Turn off device if not used for" is selected and then specify in the box below how many minutes it should wait before turning the device off.