View Full Version : Use of a IPAQ 3970

angelflumps
09-09-2003, 02:32 AM
:?:
I have recently bought a 3970 and I am considering getting a Bluetooh USB Adaptor/Dongle to use it with my PC. I apologise if this has already been posted to the site already, but can anyone out there tell me whether it's worth the hassle and what do you get out of it apart from internet connection (unless you are with AOL :? ), what else can you do using your 3970 and PC.

Also does anyone know how you set up Microsoft Outlook with Activesync so you can download your contacts and appointments, I have tried everything, unfortunately I don't have a manual with the outlook as it came with the 3970.

Any help is appreciated - Cheers!

Angel

Anthony Caruana
09-09-2003, 05:18 AM
I have recently bought a 3970 and I am considering getting a Bluetooh USB Adaptor/Dongle to use it with my PC. I apologise if this has already been posted to the site already, but can anyone out there tell me whether it's worth the hassle and what do you get out of it apart from internet connection (unless you are with AOL :? ), what else can you do using your 3970 and PC.

As well as web browsing you can use BT to sync your iPAQ to your PC wirelessly, send files to and from your PPC. If you have a BT phone you could use it to dial your ISP (only worth doing if you are mobile woth a laptop)

[Also does anyone know how you set up Microsoft Outlook with Activesync so you can download your contacts and appointments, I have tried everything, unfortunately I don't have a manual with the outlook as it came with the 3970.

In Activesync go to Tools | Options and make sure that the check boxes for Contacts and Calendar are checked. If they are then you should have them synced to your PPC. Also, if they are enabled, check the Settings for each of these to make sure that the syncing is not restricted to specific contact/appointment categories.

Hope this helps