View Full Version : Way, way off-topic

dean_shan
09-08-2003, 04:24 PM
My Mom lied to me! When I was younger she told me that Duck's quacks do not echo. According to Professor Trevor Cox (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3086890.stm) they do echo you just can't hear it very well.

Pat Logsdon
09-08-2003, 04:46 PM
Moms don't lie! Perhaps this "Professor" Trevor Cox isn't all he's quacked up to be.

:mrgreen:

Kati Compton
09-08-2003, 05:39 PM
...all he's quacked up to be.
<groan> :twak:

PetiteFlower
09-08-2003, 07:03 PM
She was probably just mistaken :)

All sounds echo the same way given the same conditions.....

Mitch D
09-08-2003, 07:11 PM
...all he's quacked up to be.
<groan> :twak:

Personally I don't think you hit him hard enough

Steven Cedrone
09-08-2003, 10:30 PM
Perhaps this "Professor" Trevor Cox isn't all he's quacked up to be.

:mrgreen:

That joke really quacked me up... :lol:

Oh, O.K., I'll do it to myself... :twak:

Steve

Jeff Rutledge
09-08-2003, 10:43 PM
Shouldn't we be spending our time discussing important Pocket PC issues instead of wasting it quacking wise?

ironguy
09-08-2003, 11:09 PM
Don't get 'down' on them for quacking jokes!

Kati Compton
09-08-2003, 11:13 PM
You're all birds of a feather.

<duck>

Jacob
09-08-2003, 11:30 PM
I wish I could say this thread quacked me up laughing :(

Pat Logsdon
09-08-2003, 11:34 PM

<duck>
That was a fowl thing to say! :twisted:

JustinGTP
09-09-2003, 01:08 AM
Duck!

Quack!

maximus
09-09-2003, 01:37 AM
We really should have a contest of the crazi-est thread of the month.
I will either choose this one, or the other thread on peanut butter and jelly.

Jeff Rutledge
09-09-2003, 01:42 AM
We really should have a contest of the crazi-est thread of the month.
I will either choose this one, or the other thread on peanut butter and jelly.

There may be others. I'll take a gander.

Janak Parekh
09-09-2003, 01:46 AM
How much fowl-er can this get? :roll:

--janak

Crystal Eitle
09-09-2003, 01:48 AM
For all the wasted time I spent reading this thread, I'm sending you guys a bill.

Ha! I kill me!

JustinGTP
09-09-2003, 01:52 AM
Stop stalking me!

Kati Compton
09-09-2003, 02:31 AM
Stop stalking me!
I'm sorry - this broccoli puns are off topic and will be split into another thread if too many flock to reply..

Janak Parekh
09-09-2003, 02:46 AM
I'm sorry - this broccoli puns are off topic and will be split into another thread if too many flock to reply..
Geese! You're nitpicking!

--janak

PetiteFlower
09-09-2003, 03:28 AM
I'm going to pretend I never saw this thread.

/fly

Jeff Rutledge
09-09-2003, 03:35 AM
Geese! You're nitpicking!

--janak

I b-egg to differ.

Jeff Rutledge
09-09-2003, 03:36 AM
For all the wasted time I spent reading this thread, I'm sending you guys a bill.

Ha! I kill me!

Sorry, that will never fly.

maximus
09-09-2003, 03:49 AM
It is like the whole family is here :mrgreen:

Papa and mama Janak and Kati, Petite and Crystal sisters, JR and Surgical brothers ... and Honda_Civic (why he prefers to be called after a car is beyond me) the baby.

Jeff Rutledge
09-09-2003, 03:52 AM

Don't you mean the gaggle?

Jacob
09-09-2003, 03:52 AM
It appears we have all our ducks in a row.

Hyperluminal
09-09-2003, 03:57 AM
BaDUMBum.

Gotta love those drumsticks... :D

maximus
09-09-2003, 04:29 AM

Nice avatar. I almost thought that there is another JR in this forum. :D

Kati Compton
09-09-2003, 04:35 AM

Papa and mama Janak and Kati, Petite and Crystal sisters, JR and Surgical brothers ... and Honda_Civic (why he prefers to be called after a car is beyond me) the baby.
8O I quail at the thought....

Jeff Rutledge
09-09-2003, 04:37 AM

Nice avatar. I almost thought that there is another JR in this forum. :D

Where?!?!?!? I will find him and defeat him!!! 8)

Thanks though. I liked the one I made when we made them a while back, so I re-did it without the background and shrunk it down to fit. I don't know if I'll keep it forever (and I hope ctmagnus doesn't think I'm a copy-cat), but I like it for now.

But we should get back on topic in this off-topic thread before we get a :nonono:

JustinGTP
09-09-2003, 04:45 AM
Maximus,

http://www.suzukiaerioforum.com/aerio/images/smiles/smilie29.gifIts a screen name, get over yourself and stop being so nit picky! :| http://www.suzukiaerioforum.com/aerio/images/smiles/smilie24.gif

-Justin.

Hyperluminal
09-09-2003, 04:53 AM
C'mon guys, forget about it... treat this like water off a duck's back... :lol:

Pat Logsdon
09-09-2003, 05:16 AM
Maximus,

Its a screen name, get over yourself and stop being so nit picky!
No need to get your feathers ruffled - he was just pulling your leg. Maximus gets along swimmingly with everyone. :wink:

Janak Parekh
09-09-2003, 05:42 AM
8O I quail at the thought....
You dodo Maximus! You really think these kids will parrot anything we say? And since when was Kati my canary? Are you trying to make a mockingbird out of me? I quack in my boots at the very thought.

--janak

maximus
09-09-2003, 05:48 AM
Maximus,

Its a screen name, get over yourself and stop being so nit picky!
No need to get your feathers ruffled - he was just pulling your leg. Maximus gets along swimmingly with everyone. :wink:

Ha ha ha. Yep. Honda reminds me of David Prahl (the artist formerly known as supernerd_dave) before he was recruited as a PPCT staff. Dave was such a 'crazy' guy back then. :mrgreen:

I quail at the thought....

The thought .. of having 5 feather-y children ?

Steven Cedrone
09-09-2003, 06:10 AM
Its a screen name, get over yourself and stop being so nit picky! :|

The next person to go off-topic will get a good roasting from me... :wink:

Steve

Pat Logsdon
09-09-2003, 06:18 AM
You dodo Maximus! You really think these kids will parrot anything we say? And since when was Kati my canary? Are you trying to make a mockingbird out of me? I quack in my boots at the very thought.

Ha ha! I 'owled with laughter when I read that! :lol:

Pat Logsdon
09-09-2003, 06:22 AM
Its a screen name, get over yourself and stop being so nit picky! :|

The next person to go off-topic will get a good roasting from me... :wink:

Hey, isn't that a foie gras to talk about roasting in a thread about ducks? Or is that a faux pas? Maybe someone can goose my memory?

Ok, no more puns - I have to go eat dinner.

I'm feeling a bit peckish. :mrgreen:

dean_shan
09-09-2003, 06:27 AM
Wow I knew I started an Off-Topic but I never knew it was going to go this far. I can tell this thread is going south fast.

maximus
09-09-2003, 06:49 AM
--janak

Doh, I forgot to put Steve C. in the family. He should be the BIG BAD owl that oversees the whole family. ha ha ha.

... Canary :rotfl: must ... stop ... laughing ....

foie gras

Now I am hungry. It is 12:50 PM down here, and I have not had lunch. Cold foie gras, with black pepper dressing, and a BIG size salad will definitely brighten up the day.

Jereboam
09-09-2003, 12:25 PM
You guys are in serious need of psychological tweetment.

Good job. Otherwise you would all have a severe nonlinear waterfowl issue, which is serious. :D

J

Kati Compton
09-09-2003, 03:23 PM
What's the matter? Chicken?

famousdavis
09-09-2003, 05:13 PM

<duck>

I don't think you should peck on anybody by calling them names.

Janak Parekh
09-09-2003, 05:40 PM
What's the matter? Chicken?
Well, yes, I am. For all I know, you might be as hawkish as they come, and these kids are likely to be utterly birdbrained.

--janak

Steven Cedrone
09-09-2003, 05:41 PM
I am really starting to believe you're all flockin' nuts... 8O (All right, I'm out of ideas...I'm just wingin' it)... :wink:

:twak: :twak: :twak:

Steve

Kati Compton
09-09-2003, 06:37 PM
You loonies aren't budgie-ing from the topic! I'm proud as a peacock, but you're driving me cuckoo... You're robin me of my will to live! Sparrow me from more bad puns!

Pat Logsdon
09-09-2003, 07:07 PM
You loonies aren't budgie-ing from the topic! I'm proud as a peacock, but you're driving me cuckoo... You're robin me of my will to live! Sparrow me from more bad puns!
You and Janak are certainly waxing poetic. You might say that you're like a pair-o'-Keats!

Jeff Rutledge
09-09-2003, 07:13 PM
You and Janak are certainly waxing poetic. You might say that you're like a pair-o'-Keats!

Yes, you toucan certainly get going...

Kati Compton
09-09-2003, 07:16 PM
I believe that's waxwing.... ;)

But I tweet my real lovebird much better than Janak...

Pat Logsdon
09-09-2003, 07:38 PM
I believe that's waxwing.... ;)

Well, you know what they say - give someone a finch and they'll take a gull!

<wince>

Ok, that wasn't very good, but I have no egrets - it was just a lark, so it's not like I need to swallow my pride and eat crow or anything...

Janak Parekh
09-09-2003, 08:00 PM
Yes, yes you do. I speak of but a mere pigeon of your life's language. Ergo my reticent doveish attitude towards the prospect of us being forum nesters.

--janak

famousdavis
09-09-2003, 10:27 PM
This thread has become perfectly fowl!

ctmagnus
09-09-2003, 10:37 PM
(and I hope ctmagnus doesn't think I'm a copy-cat)

:confused totally:

I snatched my avatar from a today theme I d/led. I certainly didn't make a concious effort in creating it :mrgreen: , other than resizing it to meet the forums' avatar guidelines.

And just to keep everything ot,

QUACK!

mebbe I'll go see the ducks today.

JustinGTP
09-09-2003, 11:36 PM
Heres some visual reference for you duckish eyes:

http://www.beaniephenomenon.com/images/budquacker.jpg

-Justin.

PetiteFlower
09-10-2003, 04:23 AM
This is like a flappin train wreck....I can't look away!

Janak Parekh
09-10-2003, 04:34 AM
If you're gonna grouse about it, at least use a different term than one that both Surgical and I used. ;)

BTW, of all the gaggle of terms used here, I think Surgical has gandered the best, by far. My style is that of a mere chickling's compared to his.

--janak

Kati Compton
09-10-2003, 05:08 AM
I fear this thread is the albatross around the neck of the forums. Mynah head is hurting just from reeding it - I mean, it started off as such a pheasant conversation. Then it swiftly deterioriated when everyone started puffin their chests, thrushing to post to demonstrate their pun-prowess...

I fledge heron now, this chick will never let fly with another duck-related pun.... Emu will have to continue without me... Talk to me wren you can hold a meaningful conversation.... :razzing:

Jeff Rutledge
09-10-2003, 05:19 AM
Man, reading this thread is murder.

Janak Parekh
09-10-2003, 05:22 AM
OK, I admit: Kati has definitely soared above us all. I am but a mere pheasant in comparison. I bow, er, perch down before her.

--janak

maximus
09-10-2003, 05:23 AM

Yeah. The harmonius parents of the board. This board will never be the same without them. Now we have to find a way to make them adopt Honda_Civic. heheh.

Janak Parekh
09-10-2003, 05:26 AM
"will never be the same"? Are you planning to snipe at us?

--janak

Kati Compton
09-10-2003, 05:31 AM
Yeah. The harmonius parents of the board.
I'm too young to be your mother. :P

Jacob
09-10-2003, 05:31 AM
this thread has made me feel more than a little under the feather.. :pukeface:

Pat Logsdon
09-10-2003, 06:25 AM
If you're gonna grouse about it, at least use a different term than one that both Surgical and I used. ;)

BTW, of all the gaggle of terms used here, I think Surgical has gandered the best, by far. My style is that of a mere chickling's compared to his.
Why thank you for the raven review, Janak! My grandfather (the old coot) always said (while he was puffin on his pipe) that a good pun is tonic for the soul - it'll put heron your chest! Unfortunately, I tried them with a girl named Phoebe once (I wasn't very swift back then), and it didn't go on very long before she said I should go fly a kite - it was plover between us. She also told me to jump in a lake, but I dove instead. Boy did I have egg on my face!

Then I switched to bird puns and the chicks were all over me - I had to tell them to wait their tern - I didn't want to be pigeon-holed as the kind of guy who'd thrush into anything.

I think this is my magnum opus.

maximus
09-10-2003, 12:03 PM
Yeah. The harmonius parents of the board.
I'm too young to be your mother. :P

But I am just a duckling ...

Jeff Rutledge
09-10-2003, 08:36 PM

Why thank you for the raven review, Janak! My grandfather (the old coot) always said (while he was puffin on his pipe) that a good pun is tonic for the soul - it'll put heron your chest! Unfortunately, I tried them with a girl named Phoebe once (I wasn't very swift back then), and it didn't go on very long before she said I should go fly a kite - it was plover between us. She also told me to jump in a lake, but I dove instead. Boy did I have egg on my face!

Then I switched to bird puns and the chicks were all over me - I had to tell them to wait their tern - I didn't want to be pigeon-holed as the kind of guy who'd thrush into anything.

I think this is my magnum opus.

:werenotworthy: :werenotworthy: :werenotworthy: :werenotworthy: :werenotworthy: :werenotworthy: :werenotworthy: :werenotworthy: :werenotworthy: :werenotworthy: :werenotworthy: :werenotworthy: :werenotworthy: :werenotworthy: :werenotworthy: :werenotworthy: :werenotworthy: :werenotworthy:

nosmohtac
09-11-2003, 01:49 AM
I really liked some of these posts, but I can't believe it has gone on for seven pages. 8O

JustinGTP
09-11-2003, 01:57 AM
Simple Things Please Simple Minds!

For Example, Janak, Maximus, Katie, and others! :D

Steven Cedrone
09-11-2003, 02:06 AM
A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary surgery. As she lay her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said, "I'm so sorry, Cuddles has passed away." The distressed owner wailed, "Are you sure? "Yes, I am sure. The duck is dead", he replied. "How can you be so sure",she protested. "I mean, you haven't done any testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or something." The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the room, and returned a few moments later with a black Labrador Retriever. As the duck's owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table and sniffed the duck from top to bottom. He then looked at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head. The vet patted the dog and took it out, and returned a few moments later with a beautiful cat. The cat jumped up on the table and also sniffed delicately at the bird. The cat sat back on its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly and strolled out of the room. The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry, but as I said, this is most definitely, 100% certifiably, a dead duck." Then the vet turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bill which he handed to the woman. The duck's owner, still in shock, took the bill. "$150!", she cried, "$150 just to tell me my duck is dead?!!"

The vet shrugged. "I'm sorry. If you'd taken my word for it, the bill would have been $20, but what with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan....." :wink:

Steve

Jeff Rutledge
09-11-2003, 02:55 AM
A woman brought a very limp duck into a veterinary surgery. As she lay her pet on the table, the vet pulled out his stethoscope and listened to the bird's chest. After a moment or two, the vet shook his head sadly and said, "I'm so sorry, Cuddles has passed away." The distressed owner wailed, "Are you sure? "Yes, I am sure. The duck is dead", he replied. "How can you be so sure",she protested. "I mean, you haven't done any testing on him or anything. He might just be in a coma or something." The vet rolled his eyes, turned around and left the room, and returned a few moments later with a black Labrador Retriever. As the duck's owner looked on in amazement, the dog stood on his hind legs, put his front paws on the examination table and sniffed the duck from top to bottom. He then looked at the vet with sad eyes and shook his head. The vet patted the dog and took it out, and returned a few moments later with a beautiful cat. The cat jumped up on the table and also sniffed delicately at the bird. The cat sat back on its haunches, shook its head, meowed softly and strolled out of the room. The vet looked at the woman and said, "I'm sorry, but as I said, this is most definitely, 100% certifiably, a dead duck." Then the vet turned to his computer terminal, hit a few keys and produced a bill which he handed to the woman. The duck's owner, still in shock, took the bill. "$150!", she cried, "$150 just to tell me my duck is dead?!!"

The vet shrugged. "I'm sorry. If you'd taken my word for it, the bill would have been $20, but what with the Lab Report and the Cat Scan....." :wink:

Steve

Oh my GAWD!!!! That is SO bad that it's GREAT!

Steven Cedrone
09-11-2003, 03:17 AM
Oh my GAWD!!!! That is SO bad that it's GREAT!

It was time to take wing, and go in another direction... DUCK JOKES!!! :wink:

Steve

Jeff Rutledge
09-11-2003, 03:31 AM
Q: Why did the duck have to quit his job with the sanitation department?

A: Because he always got down in the dumps!

Kati Compton
09-11-2003, 04:30 AM
A duck walks into a bar and asks the bartender for corn. The bartender says "We have no corn, get out of here." The duck leaves.

The next day he comes back and asks for corn again, and the bartender says "I told you, we don't have any corn! Get out!" The duck leaves.

The next day he goes in again and asks for corn, and the bartender says, "For the last time, we don't have corn! If you ever ask for corn again, I'm going to nail those webbed feet of yours to the floor!" The duck leaves.

The next day the duck comes and asks, "Do you have any nails?" The bartender says, "No, of course not. Why would a bar have nails?" The duck says, "Good. Then can I have some corn?"

Jeff Rutledge
09-11-2003, 04:42 AM
A hunter heads out of town for an early morning start on the first day of duck hunting season. After waiting about an hour, he shoots a beauty and it falls into a farmer's field about a half-kilometer away. He goes after it and reaches the fence bordering the farmer's field. The hunter looks around and doesn't see anybody or any KEEP OUT signs, so he hops the fence. He makes it just a few steps when he hears a sound behind him. He turns around to see the farmer standing a few feet away with a rifle cocked and ready.

"What in the devil are you doing on my property?" asks the farmer.

"I just bagged a duck and it fell on your land. I didn't mean to intrude. If you'll just let me get the duck, I'll be on my way," the hunter replied.

"Sorry. That's my duck," states the farmer matter-of-factly. "It's on my land, so it's my duck."

"I'm afraid not," replies the hunter. "I shot the duck, it's mine!"

The two men go back and forth a few times more, neither giving an inch. Finally the farmer offers a solution.

"We'll settle this the old fashioned way," begins the farmer. "We each take turns kicking each other in the groin as hard as we can and whoever is left standing at the end gets the duck."

The hunter thinks about this for a while and finally agrees (it was a really nice duck).

"OK," says the farmer. "I'll go first." He puts down his rifle and then winds up and kicks the hunter between the legs as if he was going for a 50-yard game-winning field goal in the final minutes of the Super Bowl.

The hunter drops like a sack of hammers. He rolls around on the ground in pain, gasping for breath. After almost 10 minutes he is finally able to support himself on one knee. He is still out of breath and, his face red with pain, finally able to prop himself up to a hunched position. Five minutes more pass before the hunter is finally able to catch his breath and stand upright.

"OK," says the hunter. "It's my turn. Get ready."

The farmer doesn't move. He looks the hunter up and down slowly and then says, "Nah, you keep the duck."

maximus
09-11-2003, 04:43 AM
All these talks about ducks made me hungry. Charbroiled duck for lunch ... hmm ... good idea.

ctmagnus
09-11-2003, 04:59 AM
Or chicken feet? :pukeface: I got served that in Calgary's Chinatown once. Not very appetizing.

Jacob
09-11-2003, 05:09 AM
Or chicken feet? :pukeface: I got served that in Calgary's Chinatown once. Not very appetizing.

Did you try it?

They aren't terrible. I'd classify them as something I wouldn't rush to order.

maximus
09-11-2003, 05:10 AM

What ? You don't have access to any other part of chicken in calgary ? :mrgreen:

Jeff Rutledge
09-11-2003, 05:28 AM

What ? You don't have access to any other part of chicken in calgary ? :mrgreen:

Nah, anything more would interfere with the beef sales. :mrgreen:

Jacob
09-11-2003, 05:54 AM
Nah, anything more would interfere with the beef sales. :mrgreen:

Yup, as if Mad cow wasn't enough... :silly:

Kati Compton
09-11-2003, 06:10 AM
Less beef, more ducks. ;)

Pat Logsdon
09-11-2003, 07:02 AM
Q: What's the difference between a duck with one wing and a duck with two wings?

A: A difference of a pinion.

maximus
09-11-2003, 07:25 AM
A duck goes into a bar and orders a shot of vodka and drinks it.

He orders another and drinks it.

A lady sitting nearby says to the duck "You know drinking like that isn't good for you, You could get liver disease or kidney disease or heart failure"

And the duck says "My grandfather lived to be 107 years old."

And the lady said "Did he drink alot?"

And the duck said "No, but he knew how to mind his own fu**in' business."

** O.K., I know you misspelled it, but I had to edit it anyway... SJC

stitics
09-11-2003, 07:30 AM
A duck goes into a bar and orders a shot of vodka and drinks it.

A lady sitting nearby says to the duck "You know drinking like that isn't good for you, You could get liver disease or kidney disease or heart failure"

And the duck says "My grandfather lived to be 107 years old."

And the lady said "Did he drink alot?"

And the duck said "No, but he knew how to mind his own fu**in' business."

** O.K., I know you misspelled it, but I had to edit it anyway... SJC

That's really odd. The quote in my post is what I got when I pressed the quote button on the post immediately above this one.

Anyway, I was going to say that the "frayed knot" joke is my personal favorite one to tell of all time....I get beat up a lot. :D

EDIT: Now I am really confused, because when I first went to post this, the post above it (coincidentally, the one I pressed the QUOTE button on) was a joke about a piece of rope or string (I forget which)...and if that joke was still there, this post would have made a lot more sense.

maximus
09-11-2003, 07:32 AM
Ah, that's because originally, I posted this joke:

Two strings are walking down the street when they see a duck walk into a bar. They say, "If a duck can go in a bar, so can we". So the first string walks in, sits down next to the duck and yells to the bartender, "Gimme a beer!" The bartender looks at him and says, "Aren't you a string?" The string goes, "Yeah, so what?" The bartender says, "We don't serve strings and throws him out into the street. The second string sees all this and he sneaks into the bathroom, ties himself in a half-hitch and grabs a comb and frizzes one end of himself so it looks like he has an afro. Then he walks up to the bar and says, "Gimme a beer!" The bartender looks at him a minute and says, "Hey, aren't you a string?"

Punchline The string replies, "Nope, I'm a frayed knot."

But then I edited the post and change it to the above. :D

stitics
09-11-2003, 08:56 AM
OK...it all makes sense now.

Jonathon Watkins
12-07-2003, 12:29 AM
OK...it all makes sense now.

8O Umm, having read all that I beg to differ. 8O

:lol:

stitics
12-07-2003, 02:47 PM
OK...here's how it went down...

1. Maximus posted a joke.

2. I started writing a reply, utilizing the Quote button. I did not think to ensure that the quote said what I wanted it to say...I assumed that it would, since it did when I pressed the button.

3. Presumably, moments before I pressed the Quote button he "edited" the joke...in fact, changed it to an entirely different joke, thereby making my comment make absoloutely no sense.

But I do see how it still doesn't make sense. :D

maximus
12-08-2003, 02:32 AM
Lesson learned : Dont quote a post, while it is being edited by the poster. :mrgreen:

Jonathon Watkins
12-08-2003, 08:54 PM
Lesson learned : Dont quote a post, while it is being edited by the poster. :mrgreen:

And the quoter would know this how? :?

Don't Panic!
12-08-2003, 09:02 PM
Because the duck drops down with the secret word of course! Gosh, I'm old...

Don't Panic!
Bobby

Korlon
12-08-2003, 09:23 PM
My Mom lied to me! When I was younger she told me that Duck's quacks do not echo. According to Professor Trevor Cox (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3086890.stm) they do echo you just can't hear it very well.

In case your mother ever tells you anything else, I would suggest you consult the supreme expert on everything, Cecil Adams (http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a5_071.html).

Jonathon Watkins
12-08-2003, 09:36 PM
Because the duck drops down with the secret word of course! Gosh, I'm old...

Soooooo, I must be young (or not from the US). Pardon? :?:

Don't Panic!
12-08-2003, 09:52 PM
You Bet Your Life - Hosted by Groucho Marx of the Marx Brothers - 1950 to 1961 - If you said the secret word a duck came down with your prize. I can't beleive I'm explaining this on what is essentially a Friday's funnies post., So it was a joke, ha ha.

Don't Panic!
Bobby

Jonathon Watkins
12-08-2003, 10:01 PM
Yup, You're old. :wink:

Korlon
12-08-2003, 10:08 PM
Yup, You're old. :wink:

I would say cultured, not old. I'm young (relatively), but understood the reference, and have even used it myself at times. But then, I've probably watched more M*A*S*H than most people my age, too... :D

maximus
12-09-2003, 02:14 AM

Ah, then there should be a pop up notification when the quoter hit the 'submit' button ... to inform him/her that the original post has been / is being changed.

matthewf4292200876
12-13-2003, 02:44 AM
Your mom is right they don"t echo.:wink:

matthewf4292200876
12-13-2003, 02:46 AM

Ah, then there should be a pop up notification when the quoter hit the 'submit' button ... to inform him/her that the original post has been / is being changed.
True. :idea:

Janak Parekh
12-13-2003, 08:42 PM
Of course, you're talking about detecting race conditions postingwise. Not necessarily easy to do. Especially as the two events get closer to each other. ;)

--janak

DrtyBlvd
12-17-2003, 11:40 AM
*Ahem*

Returning to the original post....

No one's mentioned that it is true that originally a ducks' quack was believed not to echo - it was only a year or so ago that someone actually proved it did - so, Mom didn't lie, per se, technology proved her wrong, eventually :)