View Full Version : Completed tasks still active?

terrypin
09-08-2003, 08:02 AM
I'd assumed that I would never get reminded about a task again if I'd marked it as completed, whether in PPC using the built-in Pocket Outlook or a 3rd party program like Pocket Informant 4.5, or on the PC using Outlook.

But not so. My desktop Outlook just reminded me about one of these. Checking, the task did indeed have that reminder time set, despite clearly being completed (strike-through).

I haven't done an exhaustive analysis of all my completed tasks, so maybe this was a strange exception. Nor do I know which app was used to mark it as completed. I hope someone can shed light, because I can't believe that each time you mark a task 'Completed', you're also supposed to edit its reminder time to None too!

Newcomer to PPC, using iPAQ 2210 (PPC 2003).

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

terrypin
09-08-2003, 11:10 AM
I've done further analysis and that was the only Completed task with a reminder set. Also, in both Pocket Outlook and PI on my PPC, and PC Outlook on my PC, making a task 'Completed' plainly does remove any reminder, as you'd expect.

So I've concluded that I must have inadvertently added that reminder to the completed task later myself. (Maybe a nice touch would be a message from the prog concerned, as it is something of a logical inconsistency IMO.)

Newcomer to PPC, using iPAQ 2210 (PPC 2003).

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK