View Full Version : Pocket Informant - lost scrolling

terrypin
09-07-2003, 07:33 AM
I'm relatively new to Pocket Informant (2nd day after registration). So anything I see as a flaw is more likely down to me. That said, I'm getting some odd behaviour during my experimenting.

In Calendar, when I switch to certain (not all) of the custom 'Agenda' views I've created, which combine tasks with appointments, the little white-on-red 'paging arrow' at the bottom of the right hand bar disappears. So I cannot reach all the tasks on that screen.

BTW, how do I access the usual Help>About window, to report the
precise version? From my download, I see it's 4.5, but sometimes the
particular build is significant.

Newcomer to PPC, using iPAQ 2210 (PPC 2003).

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

iant54
09-07-2003, 09:29 AM
Terry,

The Pocket Informant icon at the bottom of the screen provides the menu with the About option.

Regarding your problem with the disappearance of the "paging arrow", have you got a scroll bar instead? You can toggle between the scroll bar option and the arrows option by double tapping on the Calendar tab.

Incidentally, you'll probably get more instant responses on Pocket Informant if you use the PI forum:
http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forums/

terrypin
09-07-2003, 12:08 PM
Many thanks, Ian. I'm sure I should have RTFM, but patience isn't one of my virtues <g>. My version is 4.5.10 Aug 11th.

That's a handy way of getting a scroll bar, and it now gives me access to the rest of my items. And on toggling back to the Arrow type (I see it's in Calendar>Options; presumably that sets the default?), I get my lost arrow back. So that's also a work around to the remaining admittedly minor problem that some views here oddly display initially without the arrow. Anyone else get same behaviour?

Thanks for the tip about the PI forum - I'll post there in future. (I've joined so many discussions recently that I've rather lost track...)

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

terrypin
09-13-2003, 11:15 AM
By way of update, further tests showed a definite issue:

In Calendar, sometimes the little white-on-red \'paging arrow\' at the bottom of the right hand bar disappears. So I cannot reach all the tasks on that screen.

After experiment I concluded this is a bug that arises when I use a toolbar, either Entry or Search. This restricts navigation.

In Bar mode, the arrows can disappear completely. Sometimes there is only 1 when 2 should be available, i.e. not just at extremes of range. So navigation is restricted or impossible.

In Scrolling mode, scrolling remains possible but the last 1 or sometimes 2 of the entries cannot be viewed.

On one occasion, while in this \'restricted\' mode and directly after tapping the double Up arrow, my PPC froze, requiring a soft reset.

With no toolbar displayed, this restriction issue disappears. But I have noticed that, almost always, when I first go to say one of my customised views, such as \'Agenda 3 day by Subject\', the paging arrow is not accessible. I found I could get it back by tapping the Calendat icon (and toggling to required \'mode\').

I reported the bug to PI Support at WebIS, who have confirmed it.

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK