View Full Version : Software for scheduling shifting work-hours

david_brandt
09-05-2003, 09:00 PM
Hi,

I work in a restaurant and i have different hours each week. Does anybody know of a software that i can use to keep track of when i need to be at work?

While i like to have my work-hours in Outlook, entering 20 or so different appointments each month (i add my entire schedule the day that next month's schedule is published) is too much of a hazzle. Also i feel like i don't have an overview of all my hours that way.

basically what i think i am looking for is a piece of software that allows me to create a list of dates and hours and add an appointment with same subject for each app. in the list. An added bonus would be if it could also add the same categori for each entry and maybe display them all in a list at a later time (ideal for validating how many hours i actually worked etc.)

Any ideas?

David

SassKwatch
09-07-2003, 12:48 PM
I work in a restaurant and i have different hours each week. Does anybody know of a software that i can use to keep track of when i need to be at work?
I suspect the best option you're going to have is available in either of the 2 most popular PIM apps...Pocket Informant and/or Agenda Fusion.

Both offer the ability to create appointment 'templates'. Enter the details of a shift you work on one day, and then save that as a template. Create a new template for each differing shift you work. That still means that you'll have to call up and enter the applicable 'template' for each day that you work a specific shift, but it certainly saves the time of having to enter all the 'details' for each day.

You could then assign each shift's template to a separate category, assign a separate icon to each 'catgory' and filter by category to see only those days you work 3p-9p, for example. Or you could filter to see 'All'. With the assignment of icons to a category, it would be very easy to switch to 'Month View' in either app and get an icon display of your working month.

If you've tried this option already, then I apologize for wasting your time. :)

PatrickD
09-10-2003, 12:11 AM
I have found an easy way to enter a lot of appointments with similar info is to use a CSV (comma seperated value) or excel spreadsheet. It is easy to edit the appointments in excel cutting and pasting. You then import the file into outlook and then sync your PPC.