View Full Version : O2 XDA/T-Mobile/AT&T SX56 Pocket PC Phone Edition Mega Battery

Jason Dunn
09-05-2003, 12:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pocketpctechs.com/xdadiykit.asp?REFERER=PPCTHTS' target='_blank'>http://www.pocketpctechs.com/xdadiy...REFERER=PPCTHTS</a><br /><br /></div>Pocket PC Techs announced some great news today - a massive 1800 mAH replacement battery for the HTC XDA series of devices. I always found the XDA to have impressive battery life, and with this new battery, it will get even better. I happen to have a Windows Mobile 2003-upgraded T-Mobile unit with 128 MB of RAM, so I'm going to try the Do-It-Yourself kit and see if I can do the battery install myself to create a real hot-rod device. :twisted:<br /><br />"We are pleased to release a Hi-Capacity Do-It-Yourself Li-Ion Battery kit for the HTC Pocket PC Phone Series. Our kits include detailed, fully illustrated instructions and all the tools & components needed to update the component being replaced. The standard battery installed in the HTC PPCPE is 1500 mAH. Our Hi-Capacity battery is 1800 mAH which is a 20% increase in capacity. However, our testing is showing a higher capacity run rate due to some adjustments made to the battery interface circuitry.<br /><br />Based on repeated full charge/discharge cycles on a 64MB unit, the standard battery tested out at 5.5 to 6.5 hours running KeepAlive with the backlight on. Our Hi-Capacity battery has tested out at 9 - 10.5 hours. That is a 63% percent increase! Based on manufacturing tolerances and usage profiles, we are expecting a 25-40% average increase in runtime. The user needs to be aware that installing this kit technically voids the warranty on the unit."<br /><br />Want to save 10% on the price? Use the code THOUGHTS when you're checking out and save a few bucks! [Affiliate]

urologyhealth
09-05-2003, 01:24 AM
How did you get 128mb ram and windows mobile 2003 on your unit?

yawanag
09-05-2003, 03:00 AM

That's what I'd like to know. I really might try this if I weren't greedily waiting for the new T-Mobile that should have 128 MB and Windows Mobile 2003.

Jason Dunn
09-05-2003, 04:06 AM

128 MB of RAM was from Pocket PC Techs, and the Windows Mobile 2003 was from the Windows Mobile Fairy. :mrgreen:

Yorch
09-05-2003, 04:26 AM
hihihi, that was funny I wonder who could that be? :wink: :wink:

mxm
09-05-2003, 11:20 AM
I always found the XDA to have impressive battery life...

Impressive battery life? My XDA sucks because of the poor battery life!! I get 3 hours battery life while playing 6 4 Mb MP3's, backlight off, and keeping the phone on (screen off) during these 3 hours. Phone and GPRS connection seems to drain the battery considerably.

urologyhealth
09-05-2003, 11:30 AM
OK-I'll bite--did you use the XDA developers solution? I thought as long as I'd have to reinstall all software it would be great to increase the RAM and update to mobile 2003 at the same time and not have to need a new model. It seems complicated to update as I have AT&T not T-mobile and I'm not sure there is one step by step instruction that is easy. I'd appreciate your thoughts on doing this

Paragon
09-05-2003, 01:49 PM
OK-I'll bite--did you use the XDA developers solution? I thought as long as I'd have to reinstall all software it would be great to increase the RAM and update to mobile 2003 at the same time and not have to need a new model. It seems complicated to update as I have AT&T not T-mobile and I'm not sure there is one step by step instruction that is easy. I'd appreciate your thoughts on doing this

I think you may be putting Jason on the spot a little.....if he got the update from MS, or one of the networks he probably can't say much. If he didn't, well he probably can probably say even less. :D

Check this thread if you want to know more:
http://www.pocketpcpassion.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34820

If I'm posting a link that is discussing an issue that you guys think is not appropriate free to delete it.

Dave

Janak Parekh
09-05-2003, 10:40 PM
Impressive battery life? My XDA sucks because of the poor battery life!! I get 3 hours battery life while playing 6 4 Mb MP3's, backlight off, and keeping the phone on (screen off) during these 3 hours. Phone and GPRS connection seems to drain the battery considerably.
Actually, it sounds like your battery is not at its best. :( I've certainly gotten better than that. On the other hand, try using non-Phone Edition devices (like the Audiovox Thera) -- they've got much less life than what you get out of your XDA. 8O

--janak