View Full Version : Software to show multiple appointments on Today?

Kumori
09-04-2003, 04:09 PM
Hi all,

I am looking for an app that will allow my calendar to show more than one event at a time. I tried Calendar Plus, which pretty much did what I wanted and was freeware, but it made my Axim X5 Advance very slow. I am hoping to find something that is configurable to show x numbers of appointments into the future, x numbers of days into the future, etc.

BTW, I am using PPC2002, and plan to upgrade to PPC2003 when Dell makes it available for the Axims again. If PPC2003 is able to do this, I will just wait for that. Thanks for any and all replies!

Barron

upplepop
09-04-2003, 05:25 PM
I use tAgenda (http://www.webattack.com/get/pocketpc/tAgenda.html) for my Axim 300, and it works pretty good. You are able to configure how many appointments/tasks it will display and how many days to display in advance as well. It is also free. I think it is just what you need.

Kumori
09-04-2003, 05:35 PM
Wow! That is a great program! You were right, it does everything that I wanted and more. Thanks Ugglepop!

Barron

nic
09-11-2003, 06:02 AM
Hey,
This is a great today plug-in.

Thanks for recommending it!

Internet forums are the best.

Andy Whiteford
09-11-2003, 10:39 AM
tAgenda gets my vote as well. I like it because it allows you to show the most information in the smallest amount of space on your Today screen.

xerxers
09-11-2003, 02:54 PM
Even though it is not free I would also have a look at Kintara:GENESIS.

This is an exellent plug in that has many features that you are looking for.

there is currently a trial version available.

http://www.quenchsoftware.com/kitara_main.php

HTH

Xerxers

Chris Spera
09-11-2003, 03:17 PM
I've been using Snoopsoft Dashboard for about 3 years and love it. The new 2.x version is in beta and after you register, you get access to the product download area where you can download the latest 2.x beta.

The 2.0.0xx version is VERY stable, much, much faster than the 1.x version, and supports Windows Mobile 2003. Dashboard supports WisBar and I think, GigaBar.

Its a great app, and will do exactly what you want...display more than one appointment, for more than one day, on the Today Screen...plus a bunch of other stuff too.

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera

PoweriPaq
09-11-2003, 06:03 PM
I notice this is a lacking capability for the PPC2002, but when I upgraded mine to WM2003, it shows more than 1 event. I rarely use it, but my wife with her PPC2002 would love this tAgenda program. Thanks.

townsendtribe
09-11-2003, 06:10 PM
I use PIToday which is a plugin that interfaces with PocketInformant. I really like this and the current release shows tasks as well.

The thing I like about it the most is that it is like having PI on the today screen and you can adjust the length of the plugin so you don't end up with the scroll bar for the today page. Although I wouldn't mind having a nice little scroll bar for the plugin itself, or arrows like PI has.... but it is still in development, so who knows.

upplepop
09-11-2003, 07:43 PM
It's worth mentioning that there is a quick and easy way to make the calendar show more than one event on the today screen...

Go to Settings -> Today -> Items -> Highlight Calendar and tap Options -> Change to Display upcoming appointments.

This will display either two events or two days worth of events (I can't remember because I switched long ago to tAgenda :wink: )

jkendrick
09-12-2003, 01:18 AM
I use PIToday which is a plugin that interfaces with PocketInformant. I really like this and the current release shows tasks as well.

What version of PIToday are you using that shows tasks?

qmrq
09-12-2003, 10:53 AM
Pepesoft Calendar+

Bob Becker
09-12-2003, 05:08 PM
Can someone who uses tAgenda tell me what the "For 12:54:09" or "For 2Days and 12:53:17" means in the menu if I click and hold on a task or appointment (the 00:00:00 varies).

-Bob-

karinatwork
09-12-2003, 05:38 PM
Even though it is not free I would also have a look at Kintara:GENESIS.

Wow, this is a great app! 8O I wonder how much it sells for, but that's exactly what I always wanted!

Thanks for the tip! :D

Karin

P.S.: Sorry I missed that - it's going to be $ 8.95! :mrgreen: Perfect!

townsendtribe
09-12-2003, 05:44 PM

What version of PIToday are you using that shows tasks?

You will find it in this thread (look to the bottom of page 4):

http://www.pocketinformant.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=1799&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45

I have been VERY pleased. Deje hs done a wonderful job with this plugin!

upplepop
09-12-2003, 07:35 PM
Can someone who uses tAgenda tell me what the "For 12:54:09" or "For 2Days and 12:53:17" means in the menu if I click and hold on a task or appointment (the 00:00:00 varies).

That tells you how long the appointment is from right now. For instance, "For 2Days and 12:53:17" means the appointment/task occurs 2 days, 12 hours, 53 minutes, and 17 seconds from now.