View Full Version : MobiPocket - publishing from Word

terrypin
09-04-2003, 12:59 PM
Any MobiPocket users here who also use the desktop PC Word facility for creating MobiPocket files? If so, hope the following makes some sense.

I can't get the publish feature to work (although I can do it via MobiPocket Web Companion), and I think the reason is connected with the MobiPocket addin. I have several 'COM Add-ins' installed in Word 2000:

Mobipocket (unchecked - see below)
Microsoft Reader COM Addin (checked; that app works OK)
Web Page Wizard (unchecked; irrelevant)

The MobiPocket installation presumably placed a new tool on the Word toolbar which is supposed to 'Export to a PDA MobiPocket file'. But nothing happens when I click it. Not surprising, as you see from the above that although 'available' it is not 'installed'. But if I check that item, as soon as I click OK I get this error message:

Run time Error!
Program: C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office\WINWORD.EXE
abnormal program termination

Any help in isolating the cause and fixing this would be much appreciated please.

Newcomer to PPC, using iPAQ 2210 (PPC 2003).

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

davidspalding
09-06-2003, 05:07 AM
Contact Mobipocket tech support. I had noticed that their first Office Word plugin would not uninstall, at all. I asked them for fixes. The *** #*@&s just shrugged, "Yeah, we know of the problem." Great. Thanks. I had to manually hack it out. :P

Try save as web page and then publish with Mobipocket Publisher. Might work better for you.

***Edited by moderator SJC 9/6/03 00:55 EDT

terrypin
09-06-2003, 11:36 AM
Thanks. I too found MobiPocket support unresponsive.

Newcomer to PPC, using iPAQ 2210 (PPC 2003).

--
Terry, West Sussex, UK

Rok
09-07-2003, 03:42 PM
Contact Mobipocket tech support. I had noticed that their first Office Word plugin would not uninstall
The second one (Office Companion 2.1) doesn't either. And I can't get rid of that added menu item in Word, no matter what I do (I even manually cleaned the registry for every single MobiPocket reference, to no avail). So I got a pirated license code and reinstalled the goddamn thing, even though I don't need it, don't use it and don't even like it! :devilboy:

Cheers,
Rok