View Full Version : Calendar Question

looneytoone
09-04-2003, 03:38 AM
Is there anyway to switch from the default view on calendar from day view to year view or month view? I click the button for calendar and it always immediately goes to day view.

Small question but I cant find the answer.

PetiteFlower
09-04-2003, 03:42 AM
It seems to me that whatever view you were in when you exited calender, is the view that you go to when you open it up again. I haven't seen anywhere to select a "default view".

Jason Dunn
09-04-2003, 03:45 AM
Is there anyway to switch from the default view on calendar from day view to year view or month view? I click the button for calendar and it always immediately goes to day view.

I'm not aware of a way to do that. It would be nice if it remembered the last state though, wouldn't it?

But remember in Microsoft's world, you'd never actually exit from Calendar, so the last view would always be up.

I assume you're using a task killer to exit from the app?

Jason Dunn
09-04-2003, 03:48 AM
Hmm. Wait a second, when I put it into month view, then use the memory control panel to shut it down, then start it back up again using the start menu shortcut, it's back to the month view!

So I'm afriad I'm not sure what you're talking about. :-)

PetiteFlower
09-04-2003, 04:02 AM
He's probably closing it when in day view and not realizing that's why it brings up day view when he opens it again.....day view is usually the last thing I look at before I close it too.

looneytoone
09-04-2003, 04:27 AM
[He's probably closing it when in day view and not realizing that's why it brings up day view when he opens it again.....day view is usually the last thing I look at before I close it too.]

You summed it up perfectly. I will just get into the habit of ending on the monthly view if that is what I want to come back to. Thank you for the quick responses. Love this site.[/quote]

maximus
09-04-2003, 07:16 AM
He's probably closing it when in day view and not realizing that's why it brings up day view when he opens it again.....day view is usually the last thing I look at before I close it too.

Or perhaps he did a soft reset in between.