View Full Version : Latest MS free eBooks

cab124
09-04-2003, 01:14 AM
Has anyone been able to download the latest set of free MS eBooks? When I try to download them, the appear to download, but when MS Reader is opened, they are no where to be found. If I search for all .lit files on my HD, they don't show up.

Up until now, I have not had any problem. I would really like to get a copy of the Business Travelers Bible, but no go.

jgahr
09-04-2003, 01:35 AM
I was able to find them, but got the "you must upgrade" notification again. What is really strange is the I have (also had) the latest version of Reader activated on my H2215. So I reloaded it, it showed up as activated, and I was able to start reading the Business Traveler's Bible. Strange doings. I always load them on a CF card, so at times I have to repoint Reader to them, and at times it doesn't recognize them all, but with a minimum of effort they show up again. On my PC, running XP, mine are located in My Documents/My Library.
Hope that long winded response helps
:mrgreen:

cab124
09-04-2003, 02:21 PM
Well, at least you actually have the download. My "My Library" folder doesn't conyain the books I downloaded, even though I clearly saw them being downloaded.

Seems like everything associated with MS Reader is flakey.

jgahr
09-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Have you tried to dl them again? Should be able to direct the books to a specified folder

Good luck!

ctmagnus
09-04-2003, 11:48 PM
Try setting your lit filetype (in Windows Explorer: Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types) to confirm open after download. You should then be prompted for the location to save the files to.

Thorsten
09-05-2003, 03:08 PM
I had the same problem. They downloaded to nowhere, Reader pops open but the book is not there. Must be a problem on their site.