View Full Version : eBay USB Charge Cables

eternity0
09-03-2003, 02:21 PM
I just got an e740 off of a friend and was searching ebay to see what accessories there are.
There seems to be awful lot of USB sync-charge cables and they are priced fairly cheap as well.
Is there anything wrong with using those cables? The reason i'm worried is because the PDA's AC Adapter is big heavy where as these cables offered on ebay are just a cable... A very big difference...

larrywms45
09-04-2003, 12:32 AM
My guess is that the computer becomes the large charge box that comes with the e740. Remember, you have to have the USB cable plugged into the computer and 740 to obtain a charge. You are just substituting the computer for the normal recharge system. 8O

faustus67
09-04-2003, 10:41 AM
Well, I have two of these cables - one for home and one for work. No problems with my 3950 yet, and I've been using them for a couple of months now.

Dave

eternity0
09-04-2003, 07:17 PM
This is what I've been thinking..
USB is a powered connection... but doesn't supply a very much power so we're able to charge through a USB connection without the need for an AC adapter where as when u charge from a wall-plug u need the AC adapter to 'tone-down' the power to charge the PDA..
make sense?. just my guess..

i guess i'll pick up 1 or 2 of those cables too.. seem to be very convenient.

nolonemo
09-05-2003, 02:21 AM
I got one off eBay, it was very well made (don't remember the seller). I use it to charge when I'm on the road with a laptop, but it's slower than the AC adapter.

Vincent M Ferrari
09-05-2003, 03:29 AM
Had one when I had my E330, and it worked like a charm every single time. Charged slowly, but it was better than blowing all that dough on a stupid cradle and a $20 AC adaptor.