View Full Version : FS-ebay: Ipaq 5600!! Preproduction unit

theone3
09-03-2003, 09:46 AM
http://www.pocketloft.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1425 8O

Hmm.. I wonder how much THAT will go for :|

Pocket PC Dubai
09-03-2003, 10:37 AM
I remember reading a press release by HP saying that consumers are not ready for the pocket pc phone edition devices. Then some information leaked out regarding technical difficulties HP cannot sort it out. Then HP recently announced to release a new phone edition pocket pc probably next year. Will it be the h5600?! I would love to have this form factor in order to add an expansion pack plus. Anyway, buying this prototype alone could give us all the answers. What is the real story behind this device? Why it was never released?

It will be interesting to see this unit work with either GSM or CDMA, somebody with technical expertise can buy it and post a test report.

hshortt
09-03-2003, 10:56 AM
Note that the seller does not say it actually works. :?

dh
09-03-2003, 01:10 PM
If this was a new product, would it not have the current 5000 features such as the finger print stuff. Surely as well it would have an HP logo not a Compaq.

Should this be for real, maybe it's something Compaq were messing around with before the merger?

theone3
09-03-2003, 01:59 PM
If this was a new product, would it not have the current 5000 features such as the finger print stuff. Surely as well it would have an HP logo not a Compaq.

Should this be for real, maybe it's something Compaq were messing around with before the merger?Yeh.. There was discussion of a 5600 when the 5450 was a rumor, but HP said the market wasn't ready, and the product had bugs. This could be their test unit ;)

DrtyBlvd
09-03-2003, 05:38 PM
I'm sure most have seen this somewhere, but my shiny new iPaq 555* has a SIM slot in back with a sticker on it saying "Warranty Void if broken"...

I'm SO tempted - I should sue them for distress.....