View Full Version : A Question

Tigeraif
09-03-2003, 09:03 AM
Should I be able to watch a 160MB WMV movie from my 256MB SD card.

HP helpdesk said I won't be able to because the Storage Cards are to slow. Is this true??

Gary

Andy Whiteford
09-03-2003, 09:38 AM
Yes you can but you will get better results with a faster make of SD card.

Tigeraif
09-03-2003, 10:22 AM
I have a 64MB SD card and a 256MB SD card and if I load a movie onto either I can't watch them. Windows Media sees the files but won't play them. Both cards are different brands. Any ideas?

Are CF cards faster?

Andy Whiteford
09-03-2003, 11:04 AM
What brands are they? Typically I use PocketMVP to play movies but always run them from Storage Cards. I'm not aware of any issues that will stop Media Player form playing files from a Storage card.

Do you receive any messages? What version of Pocket PC are you running?

Andy Whiteford
09-03-2003, 11:06 AM
Sorry, forgot to say that CF cards are normally faster than SD cards.

Tigeraif
09-03-2003, 11:22 AM
The SD brands are 256MB = Apacer and 64MB = Amicroe and I receive no messages they just won't play.

Also if I place files on the storage card and take them out the data disappears. Is this normal?

Andy Whiteford
09-03-2003, 11:43 AM
Also if I place files on the storage card and take them out the data disappears. Is this normal?

Not sure what you mean by this statement. I assume you mean if you install or copy files to your storage card and then remove this card, you will not be able to access them on your Pocket PC? If this is what you mean then yes, that is correct. The files are physically on the Storage card, even if there are still shortcuts present on your device. Unless the Storage Card is physically in the device, you will not be able to access them. What OS are you running on your Pocket PC? Is it 2002 or 2003? I assuming it is a problem with the files you are trying to run, not the storage cards themselves. I assume other files are fine? Have you tried playing a music file from the storage card auch as mp3 or wma? If you can, try creating a large bit rate audio file such as 224kbps and see if you can play this from the Storage card. If you can, check the bit rate of the wmv file you are trying to play. Perhaps it's too high a bit rate for your device to handle?